MaidSafe and project SAFE moving forward

$85,000 : 0,06 = 1,4M Maid sold monthly

Just because the price can be manipulated by whoever is holding a large amount of coins, that might keep Maidsafe busy.

At times like these it’s better to not add new features to the SAFE Network, but just focus on delivering the mvp. Because once that’s done, nobody can stop this virus anymore and it will grow by itself.

In a world driven by greed you win with code.

2 Likes

better to not add new features to the SAFE Network, but just focus on delivering the mvp

Agreed, I was referring to features after MVP is live for at least a few months, farming is running nicely etc. I.E. Features released that add to progress in the long run.

2 Likes

0,06 = 1,4M Maid sold monthly

Do you mean 0.00011 BTC, which is the Poloniex selling price now? I realize in the first month 1.5 million MAID would be a big hit on their holdings, but publishing a plan, following it and updating the online community, we WOULD quickly see that drop to 1.25 mln (second or third month), then 1 mln, then 775, 000 Maid and so on. At this rate 10 million would be enough to see them through to delivering the full suite of core features, including farming capabilities and native safecoin transactions. (Edit: keeping in mind they have about two months left from the crowdsale.)

David indicated in detail that Maidsafe are 100% transparent already:

We are open to the point of taking a hurt when we need to as we did with the recent disclosure, before we took any action (which we still have not and have options, auctions, sell on exchange, private sales and many more). Here we are open disclosure traders who are selling cheap and telling everyone beforehand (a crucial error for any trader) knowing we earn expensive tokens to kill them later. No trader and very few companies would disclose so much as we currently do.

Our openness costs us a lot measured in short term thinking but I belive gains in long term security and integrity. Any more open we will need to wear always on microphones and carry gps boxes around with google map tracking.

In the middle of all of this openness we need to negotiate with technology parters and more, they see our hand a lot. Now we should show every single piece to folks so we can enter no negotiation with anything up our sleeve and with everyone knowing our position. I doubt that would work.

So trust is required and earned, I believe we earn this and have over years. There is not a single thing we have done immorally and never will while I am about. Nick or Viv would certainly not be involved in such actions either, never mind any of the team.

We simply cannot show every single hand in the game of poker that is business, it’s not clever and even now many will think we are bonkers for spilling so much so freely.

If folk can accept we do what we can within reason then it’s all good. We cannot pander to those who want 100% disclosure and those who wish we had 0% disclosure, it’s just not possible.

Maidsafe are strategically selling 19 Million MAID i.e they wont be broadcasting their intentions.

To throw a spanner to your calculations. One reason for the need for extra funding is that they need to increase their workforce as they employ people for more than just development work.

But I do understand that progressively selling would be so much better than trying to sell all in a month or two. Even with the news and the movement of many millions of MAID to poloniex by other MAID holders (presumably to sell) still we only see the tuesday → tuesday cycle for the last couple of weeks.

1 Like

Yes I mean 0.00011 BTC, but that price won’t remain static and can be pushed down, by whoever and Maidsafe might not reach it’s goal of $85,000 monthly.

Skipping features and delivering a mvp, will do something totally different to the Maid price.

They don’t have to broadcast that, but as soon as those coins move people will start having crazy ideas. It’s strange how people can loose their focus and the goal can get blurry.

People say that Ethereum is buggy, but look at what the DAO did. I rather have a stripped down mvp of the SAFE Network, because that’s something we can work with.

So you know 19 Million MAID are coming on to the market and will definitely not be dumped. You know that the proceeds are going to get the project to the finish line.

What crazy ideas might materialize, when these coins start to move?

I got to go, (got to help my moms with groceries) :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This is a key reason why selling off exchange is preferable, but at a premium to market price, not a discount.

Any big investors will want to buy without pushing the price up during buying, so will pay a small premium to do this.

It also has the advantage thay payment will go directly to the team & helps them out, which many supporters would love to participate in.

The chances of someone buying big chunks of Maid at a premium, then dumping them on the market is very small.

Doing it on exchange will directly impact the price negatively & do little to boost demand from those who want to help the team, or buy significant quantities.

Plus exchanges take a fee.

So, selling on the exchange is lose-lose, and selling directly with the right conditions can be a win-win.

5 Likes

In our private slack channel, we can talk however we like. It is not meant for public. We are traders and can swear if we want. I don’t see much bad there. If there is a trader who doesn’t swear, hands up now :)))

OTOH, you are also a trader, a snitch and breaking the Secrecy of correspondence law.

Whoever keeps dumping MAID is killing the Price and putting of any future investors. There is a right way to do this and so much pressure at this level is not helping.

[quote=“MarcelV, post:378, topic:9558”]
In our private slack channel, we can talk however we like. It is not meant for public. We are traders and can swear if we want.[/quote]

…or rather highlighting double-speak :wink: Actually @cl0ck3d wasn´t pointing on your swearing but on the claimed intention to “destroy maid”, which is the obvious reason why you came up with the amateurish attempt to spread fear on this forum.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

3 Likes

Mate, it’s a private channel. :)) We talk about cars, girls, vacation, we talk while drunk. It’s not supposed to leave the channel.

Oh, not suppposed to…well then you better get your s*** fixed :wink:

Good points (especially fees) and I recognize them as a 180 to mine…healthy :smile:

Wether it’s ON or OFF exchange, I’m expecting the price to eclipse it’s previous high (29,350) so if sales can match burn rate as close as possible and take advantage of that rise later on…either way works for me.

5 Likes

You can’t fix people.

You can PM hin on the forum, although you might consider directing any questions to the community for you can expect Maidsafe is bombarded by several people who feel uneasy about the value of their Maidsafecoins…

@nicklambert maybe David should have a Ted talk, about:

• How Maidsafe will make the internet SAFE
  • How SAFEcoin will end the talk about helping the poor

Of all the TED talks I’ve heard so far, the SAFE Network is an idea worth spreading.

Who knows even announce a crazy crowdsale $1 per coin (supporters names will be mentioned in Maidsafe mvp code and hall of SAFE), the coins can only be bought from Maidsafe. This way no matter if a whale dump millions of coins on the market, you’ll get your finish line capital.

Maybe even a kickstarter might help offer a “private and secured internet” :stuck_out_tongue:

Where does he say that? The blog announcement does not say that. Here’s what it says:

The recent tests allow us to begin creating a plethora of demo apps and increase API awareness for third party developers. We do anticipate spending time with developers in outreach programs and developer awareness events.

Note: demo apps and not products, and support for third party developers.

We have explored and continue to proceed with a couple of avenues that include EU Research funding and both institutional (.i.e. venture capital) and crowd equity investment [my emphasis]

The meaning of that is unclear.

The funds will be used to:
[…]
Support the development of third party applications.

That’s clear: third party, and therefore not in-house.

@dirvine Could you clarify? Is Maidsafe contemplating money-making apps?

Yes we look at every possible option. We have no resources for full apps right now, but are looking at ways to enable others to do so. We have app ideas, I do for sure, but lack resource to apply at the moment.

Long run we want many in core dev and MaidSafe to be an app dev as much as core devs. Spread as much as possible as wide as possible.

14 Likes