Maid wallet counterintuitive and confusing

how do i sync?. there is no option to do this with the desktop version of winauth

There is (win 7) an option for time syncing in the clock app. dunno about win 8+

Don’t just try it, you must ALWAYS use chrome otherwise certain functions do not operate correctly and may simply fail without telling you. This could even be the reason you cannot login because the account was not setup correctly.

(EDIT: As @urrtag says) Your time has to be correct to within a few seconds to that of the server. This is the resync - to set the clock on your PC to match that on the server. Is your PC clock set to sync with a NTP server, say microsofts one?

Its your PC clock that needs to sync. Sometimes there is an option in the software

Oh good a thread about this tuff here. Good luck with all your situations.

As for me, I have Google Authenticator (“GA” for short) for Omniwallet. I just bought a better phone with the same phone number. I went to g.co/2sv to set it up everything that I could there.

EDIT: I just solved my problem. I needed to enter the randomly generated MFA code AGAIN instead of the “Account Secret” (which I thought was also labeled “the MFA code”).

Regardless of my having solved my own issue, below you can read the post before I solved the issue, in case anyone has similar trouble. The whole process is still IMO so weird that I had to resort to disabling 2FA entirely just to get my new phone to be synchronized. My new phone really wanted me to scan the unique code to initialize synchronization as a 2FA medium; and I didn’t see any option on Omniwallet.org to do that, so the only way to do that was to use their option to disable 2FA.

However: as for my phones, I still have my old one – and it still seems to be connected to the Internet and showing the randomly generated numbers via GA (probably until another day or so until service for that phone goes kaput). But I can’t get my new phone to show the generated numbers.

I would’ve thought that Omniwallet.org has an easy way to make my new phone generate numbers.

So since they don’t, instead I tried to disable 2FA entirely just to start everything over. But… now it says my MFA number is invalid, rofl. It was even in the damn auto-fill still for some reason. (I have it written down ever since initializing 2FA, as well.) Something tells me something is messed up—because I don’t remember writing down the MFA code incorrectly. So I need to figure out how to transfer this Omniwallet account’s private keys – well, only one of the keys – that has few ‘alt’ currencies on them, before I lose access to my Omniwallet account, forever!, haha. Luckily I have the other private keys elsewhere.

continued edit: so yeah obvious to anyone who read all this, I figured it out, but still weirded out!

i thought winauth was google authenticator