MAID Relisted on ChainRift (Exchange Shutting Down)

you can’t even put in 1 bitcoin now without increasing the price 100%… What whale wants to do that? You gotta give em an offer to sell lots at a fair price to get them to play.

Aside from just getting the market more active Maidsafe needs to sell lots more anyways. They won’t be able to sell it fast enough just taking little bites out of rallies in this market. Gotta put out an offer where they would be willing to part with a good sized load and hope some whale takes them up on it.

Some feedback on the UI

The orderbook view is not very useful in the current form, an outlier order is causing the ‘real’ or ‘meaningful’ portion of the orderbook to be squished into a tiny space:

It’s possible to click and drag the mouse on the orderbook so it zooms but it keeps automatically resetting which isn’t helpful. This is roughly what I would expect to be a useful view of the orderbook: (lasted about 2 seconds before resetting automatically)

Volume has no decimal places so is not very useful. Even having only 2dp would be handy, preferably 8 dp (see “Volume (20)” value in image below which says simply ‘1’, or ‘0’ for some bars):

Please add MAID/BTC pair to the document about maximum decimal precision: https://chainrift.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360027259451

https://apidocs.chainrift.com/#generate-your-keys-h2
What is Pkcs8 used for in API authentication? It’s not mentioned in the documentation.
What inspired the authentication mechanism? Just curious because I’ve never seen this particular one on an exchange API before.

16 Likes

20M maidsafecoin averaged over 2 years is 27K MAID per day, or 0.3 BTC per day at current prices. This is way less than the current daily volumes on either chainrift or bittrex, so maybe you need to revise your stats a bit cause what you’re saying about volumes (in general, not just regarding loan coins) doesn’t add up to me.

Obviously a dumb whale. Orderbook is not volume. There’s plenty of opportunity to buy or sell lots of btc or maidsafecoin on the exchanges if you look at the trade volumes and price ranges as well as the orderbook. I can agree it would be nice to see more volume and bigger orderbooks but it’s definitely not so thin that it should prohibit trading.

7 Likes

Well for one thing they have stated they don’t trade like that, but prefer to just sell a load every few months then not be distracted by it. Even if they were daytrading 0.3 BTC is still a significant percentage of the volume they would have to capture. That would require undercutting everyone else and driving the price down. If they just put a big sell wall at like 1500 a whale might say sure I will take it all and they sell it all fast and for a higher price.

3 Likes

Source please.

1 Like

Fwiw I did see @andyypants post a referral link for Chainrift BTC/MAID on Polo Twitter a few days ago.

Self serving very possibly and maybe not related to what your thinking but even if paid it was an action that could bring possible new eyes here, so in the absence of deliberate attempts at misdirection and the like (eg something beyond the usual traders language) it’s hard to call a fella out particularly when he’s been open as to playing the traders game. Been a few marketing posts too I think from his end.

Traders have a role to play, as do all us hodlers. Fwiw his communication style (not language) reminds me a bit of @Bacobob a generally pleasant fella who was both openly a trader and a supporter but rubbed a few the wrong way just by posting the way an overly confident trader normally would.

Maybe just be direct with @andyypants and state very clearly what exactly is on your mind beyond just a hunch, it gives the man a chance to bridge the gap in understanding (and sometimes the complexities of talking to each other online using the English language versus your typical face to face exchange) or alternatively it lets one put their foot in the manure pile.

There’s more than few versed foks around the forum who have a nose for BS when it pops up, what have you spotted they haven’t :thinking:

13 Likes

Perhaps, for me a trader will always have some of what you posted.

Add to that a young trader and much of what concerns you is embodied in that.

To me Andy has a favourable interest in SAFE, but remains faithful to being a trader.

We all know he is a trader and so I hope everyone considers this when reading his opinions. He has learnt from us some things and has brought to the table other things.

Maybe just understanding where he is coming from will help you.

This too

13 Likes

I could always just post nothing to avoid suspicion and quietly win the trading game… but how much fun would that be? I try to be open and honest about how I approach the market. Granted I am not enough of a whale to really be concerned about being counter-traded, and if I was doing whale volume I really would have to be quiet to avoid a disadvantage.

6 Likes

I can confirm that @andyypants is not a paid troll because I follow him on twitter and he is one real crazy pickle :wink:

6 Likes

if you want to picture me as a villain I hope you go with Kane from Command and Conquer. What we need to do is make a massive explosion of trading to attract the aliens and steal their spaceship. I think it is to the mutual benefit of the project in general AND traders to put out a lure to get our whales back. I am not even saying push the price down. I would put it somewhere palatable in the long term graph, but not at a big discount. Maybe around 1500

1 Like

no bad feelings friend, we just have fun :muscle: I personally imagine you like the vampire from Preacher :vampire:

2 Likes

We have no idea whether or not all you say is lies, to try to influence the market. Nothing personal, just saying.

Happy to talk about the project, but anything about trading I will always treat with extreme scepticism.

4 Likes

Posting things like this I often wonder about his incentives
.afaik it has never been said by the team.
So asked him

But as yet had no reply.

Some of his actions make little to no sense to me.
Posting things that contradict each other within the same statement iirc.
But who knows why anyone does what they do.

3 Likes

Dunno the source myself, but I remember at least once reading somewhere + getting the feeling that Maidsafe’s selling is gradual; a not-dumping style. Not sure where the “few months” comes from.

5 Likes

Yes, its been said that they place sells above market price.

But to intentionally put words in someone else’s mouth, or claim something was said that was not, is very dishonest behaviour imho.

2 Likes

sorry I don’t have the point where David explained their general trading strategy bookmarked so you will either have to ask him yourself or take my word for it. Sure its kinda hearsay, but really you can’t honestly expect me to dig though the forums to find some rando conversation from months ago just so you are satisfied my sources are in order lol. I do remember for certain he said they look to create a few months runway then not worry about it too much until it is time for the next cycle.

But since you are all about citing sources mr professor why don’t you quote me on what evidence you have of this:

I am quite sure my story checks out since I have been totally honest. If its a matter of opinion sure those do change sometimes.

Please stay on topic, people.

7 Likes

Agreed. So my initial point was Maidsafe was supposed to be providing liquidity on chainrift but no one appears to be suppling much so far. Its a fun little game but even for me the market is not big enough to support how much I want to trade. I suggest they get some serious offers to sell on the table and see if we can’t attract a whale or 2.

1 Like

Actually I dont have to do either, I wont waste David’s time with it, and I’m fairly sure it was never said.
Perhaps if you are unsure of things were said you should not say they were.
Or simply put iirc, looks alot more honest if your called out on it then.

As for posting contradictory things, I have no doubt this happened, at least from the understanding I gained from trying to comprehend your message in some of your posts.
Not saying there was anything dishonest or manipulative, just confusing statements to my mind and the way it works.

1 Like

How can you know something did not happen? If something happens we can say yes there it is. But how can you say there it is not? Because you don’t see it currently? I guess you also know for sure there are no aliens and things like that. Your logic is not making sense.