MAID Relisted on ChainRift (Exchange Shutting Down)

Our values are not always the most effective means to an end, but they are always the “right” choice - by definition.

1 Like

I really wonder how many people report on crypto transactions, we are probably in less than 5% group…

Just withdraw and Hodl = no extra trades = no extra work = no extra cost

Yep, I get that, but we were discussing trading to raise trade volume.

If I hadn’t had a good year that year, as bitcoin boomed maybe I wouldnt have and would have just bought gold.
But I wanted to pay of some of my mortgage, and I’ve put myself on the radar now.

Don’t worry man you actually put yourself kinda off the radar in future. I don’t think they are much interested in people that make a solid effort to figure out what the owe and pay it. I also use an accountant pretty much so I can always say well I gave that guy all the info and his professional opinion was I owe this much. What they are looking for are people that make a bunch of money selling drugs on the darkweb and then buy a super mansion but have no official source of income :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh btw @chainrift I really liked how polo will take my huge number of trades and analyze it for me so I can get the average buy price this year, which is what accountant wants to know to calculate my profit/loss here in Canada.

3 Likes

@chainrift
I’m not one to flatter… I’m VERY impressed with that website… really nice design and simple to use!

Three trivia as feedback:

1. I jumped when the sixth digit of the 2FA actioned without also needing Enter… it makes sense but older generation of user still to get used to computers being clever without needing instruction at each step! For something like spending money I prefer to be sure footed not surprised.
  2. The dark grey design rather than the usual lite, is not my preference and not obvious enough how to invert that… there’s settings for alsorts of customs by I was looking for one switch.
  3. On the action of buying the right side [Sell] balance doesn’t seem to update without going out to wallet and back, which is a unfortunate.

oh and the common uncertainty of what the action of buy at price will do for the reality of what is bought - could do with all these kinds of exchanges noting in the popup that the requested price will not be the actual but the exchange will seek to fulfill against what the market is offering at lower prices… so, advantage to the buyer not the seller… as the request price then being the “max buyer is willing to pay”, if that’s clear… (I’m up at near 1am excited that it’s worked so well :smiley: )

Well done then and look forward to having to also do the verification, so I too can do monthly withdrawals of $2,500,000.00 USD equivalent :laughing:

:+1: 8/10 would recommend!..

10 Likes

Thank you for your review. I can address some of your points.

1. We actually think this eases the use of 2fa. We also change the login button to show that the login is actually taking place. We might show a popup window to be more obvious in the future stating something in the lines of “Your 2fa code has been accepted, logging you into your account now”.
  2. There’s an option to switch on your profile menu, it’s called “Light mode”.
  3. The update should always work without issues however I do notice myself that while I’m traveling the are places where constant connection might have some issues. We’re constantly improving such issues if they’re within our control.
12 Likes

Opened up an account on CHAINRIFT,seemed painless enough, just waiting on my account being verified. Deposited some BTC, bought some MAID, So far so good :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Lots of talk for only 0.29 BTC volume guys :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll do that like personally if a few other people would. Are we all just waiting for each other to go first here?

1 Like

Been trading on Bittrex, little volume there too. Poor arbitration, price does not follow the price on poloniex very closely.

Very hard to buy anything, seems there are just some bots buying and selling, buy orders and sell orders rarely meet. Wonder how much is just exchange orders to fake volume…

3 Likes

Doubt us generating volume will affect anything. Seems most succesful coins have cartels and pump groups fudding the prices. Wonder really how many orders are real sometimes… wouldn’t be surprised there are a lot of scams out there.

1 Like

well a lot of people accuse exchanges of faking volume themselves. While I am not sure this is true I am sure there are traders wash trading. I should be happy that’s not happening on ChainRift yet to bait me into thinking the market is bigger then it really is.

1 Like

Poloniex MAID price should start to become disconnected from other exchanges, given the collapse in price there is due to people cashing out, even at a discount. Logically, poloniex MAID price should be lower than other exchanges. Less distorted price rediscovery should occur after 5pm utc 30th dec.

3 Likes

it will but I am still questioning if that means up or down. If ChainRift captures a significant portion of polo MAID volume this price is low. If not welcome to bagholding til 2025 lol

1 Like

I’ve been HODLing for years anyway, so not too bothered about more of it, just as long as the network in some form is given birth to in the interim.

4 Likes

It is virtually anonymous currently. You have to provide data when you want to verify in order to raise your limits.

8 Likes

This kinda worries me a bit. Like you are sure that’s totally legal? I was under the impression that even outside the US you pretty much always had to follow some AML KYC law.

I mean I like that it is convenient for me to just jump right in with no hassle… kinda like btc-e was before the US government took them down and stole all the crypto.

2 Likes

Chain rift referral link below - cmon ya’ll CMON!!!

https://www.chainrift.com/?R=zTojs

1 Like

We’ve done due diligence and we’re confident that we can offer a limited tier such as this, at least until the circumstances change.

I’ve also explained previously that we wouldn’t be holding anyone’s crypto hostage if the situation changes and we can’t offer this tier anymore or are forced to remove it.

8 Likes