MAID Relisted on ChainRift (Exchange Shutting Down)

For US what states are allowed or not whichever is the shorter list. I could not find it on the website.

3 Likes

When you go to apply you get this requirement:

NOT a resident of the following U.S. States: AL, CT, FL, GA, HI, LA, NM, NY, NC, OR, VT

6 Likes

This is great news! As MaidSafe gets closer and closer to launching, it will become increasingly more important to play the ā€œcrypto gameā€ and foster industry relationships and connections.

9 Likes

As JohnM has answered, the following states: AL,CT,FL,GA,HI,LA,NM,NY,NC,OR,VT

6 Likes

MainNet transitions or swaps are becoming an important part of the financial services that exchanges provide. BitMax.io is leading the charge here helping with a few MainNet swaps for Binance Launchpad projects.

4 Likes

Just created an account. Thanks again.

When SAFENetwork launches(Even the flemming mvp/e), it will also push ChainRift in to the public eye.
People are going to want to get on board.

LOL @ poloniex - Goodbye poloniex, WE wonā€™t regret your loss. haha.

9 Likes

Very thankful for HitBTC!

2 Likes

NY and FL two of the largest populations of states. FL is crypto friendly so maybe they will be added soon.

3 Likes

Can I take the opportunity to ask Chainrift how they feel about listing a token that will lead to the next generation insta-coins (or at least a different crypto beast to blockchain based projects), and have you begun to give any thought on how to host a true SAFECoin market.

ā€œNo answer yetā€ - it being the xmas period and new year is an acceptable answer, you have already done so much for this community. Cheers!

6 Likes

@ales85 I wonder that [Order Depth] would be a better default graph, than [Price/Volume]. :thinking:

Weā€™re always on the lookout for new coins. However I donā€™t think this forum (this thread) is a place for such a discussion. Anybody that wishes to have their coin listed should submit a token listing request ( https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdnERAOhZER4j9CRTRzUSZZe65UwYd8cqc8i8HemnKD4tKULQ/viewform ) and it will be reviewed.

On the topic of transition to SafeCoin, weā€™re believers in the project since much earlier and we are taking note of the progress the project is making. We also intend to be ready for when the network go into ready stage (most likely post beta).

14 Likes

You might very well be correct and we are reviewing such options as well.

5 Likes

Never heard of chainrift before this TBH, but good news anyway :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Weā€™ve been around for a while, under the radar :smile:

We value transparency and quick support, at the very least. Be sure to give us a try!

11 Likes

Iā€™ve done my first deposit into chain rift, showed up as pending within 30 seconds, took 3 confirms to complete. Interface seems nice, had to use Chrome though, the javascript on Safari seems to keep freezing and charts wonā€™t load.

9 Likes

@ales85

In the spirit of transparency, are there any circumstances wherein you would require a customer, prospective or established, to take a ā€˜selfieā€™ in lieu of notarized identity documents?

Iā€™m developing a next generation trading bot, (as mentioned at Introduce yourself - #838 by anon57419684) it will be used by others and drive business to supported exchanges, however I cannot in good faith add support for exchanges having that potentiality as it is an unnecessary and grave security liability.

To preemptively address any possible suspicion by those not involved in infosec, I comply with all lawful obligations, including taxes, and recommend the same to others.

1 Like

If i understand you correctly, we only require selfies for the purposes of verification, which is currently only required of one wants to withdraw more than the 2.5k USD/day and 25k USD/month.

If we would remove the ā€œfreeā€ tier we would either keep existing users as legacy with the same conditions (keep trading)
or
if this wasnā€™t possible we would allow them to withdraw funds without being able to trade until verified.

Naturally this would be mandated by legislation. And, just to make it clear, there would at least be an option for the users to withdraw their funds without providing a selfie (KYC).

If this doesnā€™t answer your question feel free to followup.

8 Likes

@ales85

May I inquire as to the rationale for the industry standard of notary, accepted by financial institutions and courts, being insufficient for verification?

I recognize that the business process efficiency of a ā€˜selfieā€™ is appealing, however there should be alternative options available, perhaps with a fee, for those who are aware of its dangers. Even if it is as involved as requiring a bar certified attorney to function as the intermediary in relaying notarized identity documents, it would be perfectly reasonable.

4 Likes

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but what you wrote boils down to ā€œwhy the industry requires selfies and if weā€™d be willing to accept identity verification by e.g. a bar verified attorneyā€.

If this is the case then selfies are required in order to establish a direct link between the id and id holder/owner and reduce chances of using stolen identity. We are aware that by collecting such data (at ChainRift weā€™ve chosen professionals) thereā€™s a chance this may get out, although weā€™ve taken maximum measurers to prevent this from happening.

To answer your other question, yes, weā€™re definitely open to other options that users would have greater confidence in while this would allow us to maintain at least the same level of trust in the provided identity.

The extra fee you mention would probably be required because the cost of such a review would definitely be substantially higher.

7 Likes

@ales85

What are you referring to by industry? Because for decades, if not centuries, notary has been the standard in industry. It is only crypto exchanges that have recently introduced the unusual and dangerous practice of requiring ā€˜selfiesā€™.

Furthermore, there is nothing in law in the US that requires it. To the contrary, with jurisdictions becoming aware of the risk intrinsic to biometric data collection, and passing laws against it[0], I would be surprised if companies engaged in the practice will not be facing substantial liability as their customers become victims of it.

I would very much appreciate an alternative option to be offered and I thank you for appreciating the concern. Itā€™s also a tremendous opportunity for your exchange to offer a privacy-respecting option for identity verification. How quickly could the details, including associated fee, be made available?

[0] https://securitytoday.com/articles/2019/10/10/california-to-become-third-state-to-ban-facial-recognition-software-in-police-body-cameras.aspx

2 Likes