MAID Relisted on ChainRift (Exchange Shutting Down)

It’s not, I try really hard to make it not. However we are now an Engineering team wit 1 admin and a sleep deprived CEO :wink: All hands all help accepted.

8 Likes

100% agree, when I work out what a libertarian is :smiley: I think I know, but am surprised at times.

6 Likes

Well to issue another token would require an element of trust in a way to not dilute holdings. Right now I only see maid safe as a way of making that happen.

1 Like

Only just catching up with this.
I’m able to log in to my chainrift account on mobile, I can see my balance but the withdraw button is greyed out. I’ll try on my desktop when I get to it…

Can anyone else take their coins out?

2 Likes

at least one thing we learned from chainrift is we don’t need a big established exchange really. Just have a market somewhere and the people will come. I mean they might as well have called it maidrift since MAID was their only real volume lol.

6 Likes

Disappointing from ChainRift but business is business.

There are a lot of exchanges out there but need to rattle the BTC holders to wanting coin.

I suggest only that we all do a bit of getting out there and creating visibility and interest. The bitcointalk thread is dead quiet but perhaps that is where all the traders are. I don’t follow the BTC markets now well enough to be sure where the bigger forums are.

Thread at bitcointalk is [ANN] IPO of MaidSafe:  Entering the Future of the Decentralized Internet

List of exchanges at

Top Cryptocurrency Exchanges Ranked By Volume | CoinMarketCap

4 Likes

Partially agree to this; however, it would be optimal to find a partner that‘s less likely to go out of business… MaidSafe and community have been bitten too many times, I think…

6 Likes

The problem is with OMNI. A really f*cked up ecosystem… Ethereum is 1m times better for tokens…

6 Likes

Bull market in a china shop

3 Likes

It is not a question of whether this will happen with a specific exchange. The question is when it will happen. The only solution is to use DEXs…

DEXs can NOT :

• be closed
  • be hacked
  • stole your MAID
  • delist MAID
4 Likes

if we want to set up on a DEX all we need is a trusted partner to swap omni tokens for DEX tokens. Ideally this would be maidsafe but I don’t know if they would be interested. Even if it was just like a multisig with some of the more frequent posters on this forum, I would trust that enough to use it some.

3 Likes

So let we do Wrapped MAID to delivers the power of MAID
with the flexibility of an ERC20 token :wink:

Wrapped MAID (WMAID) can be the first ERC20 token backed 1:1 with MAID.

Completely transparent. 100% verifiable. Community led. :rocket:

9 Likes

Can’t withdraw from my desktop either.

I want my money.

The above article says we have until the 28th Feb to remove coins. Can someone at chainrift please enable the withdrawal of maidsafe. Want to be a software company, good luck to you, but I want my cash.

2 Likes

I feel your pain … Just an hour ago I sent them Bitcoin so that I could make a guide on how to buy MAID whit them … :frowning:

2 Likes

fwiw I was able to trigger a withdraw just now but with a note that it might take 24hrs.
That was from the market page sell element had withdraw link and simple option to select max amount to send address with the usual followup email confirmation and 2fauthentication. So, expect to check and see that actioned tomorrow.

:expressionless:

2 Likes

I just tried that.

I’m going to hold my breath for a few days and hope its sorted.

Then we’ll re-evaluate and see what we can do.

Can someone from support comment here? They can’t do this to us.
Attracting our business and coins, and then holding them. Feels criminal.

5 Likes

Hi @ferdousbhai .

Could you provide an update to calm our nerves.

Thanks.

3 Likes

The one poster on bitcointalk is fast to catch on… and seems invested in one though only.

It’s time to put Maidsafe on Bitfinex

I don’t know Bitfinex and I’ve already made the point there that it’s in part a matter of having coin on the market… and a lot of people rightly just want to hold.

Still, if it’s possible to list and see what buyers and sellers appear, perhaps that’s worthwhile… but if the exchanges are not spontaneously doing listing, perhaps does require the staff rather than supporters to trigger those? :thinking:

offtopic

4 Likes

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wrapped MAID (ERC20 token)

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Wrapped MAID (ERC20 token)