MAID Relisted on ChainRift (Exchange Shutting Down)

Sorry guys that we could not be of service to you guys for very long. We failed to generate enough volume to cover our costs. We are still fans of Maidsafe project, and we wish you all success!

15 Likes

I hope, as a software company, you don’t forget us. It will be very interesting here after a year or two :wink:

4 Likes

Operating costs of having to securely store user data, credentials, etc will be very low or a none issue in the SAFE network. Since you guys are fans and have experience, maybe the first DEX on SAFE?? SAFERift?

Edit: Scratch that name. I’d name it SAFU because it fits the descriptor of SAFE and it’d get CZ’s (of binance fame) goat. :joy: It’s a phrase he uses often and became a bit of a meme amongst traders. SAFU exchange would get memed like crazy on crypto twitter.

8 Likes

Make sure your funds are #SAFE&SAFU

2 Likes

Given the issues related to exchanges in general, I’d suggest SNAFU instead.

1 Like

Found this previous post back on Oct 2019 about Bisq and BlockDx. They’re both great decentralised exchanges. Hope it can be useful

2 Likes

BloclDx has almost no activity and Bisq, of which I am a user, is not a exchange that can replace a traditional one. It could be, in any case, a complement.

And it is to repeat the same thing over and over again, but there are only two solutions: A big exchange (and Binance seems the only viable option) or the Omni-ERC20 duality.

Maidsafe’s paralysis on this issue is beginning to affect this project.

5 Likes

@digipl what do you think of the WMAID idea? We will not burden the company with it and we can act immediately as a community?

1 Like

I’m not convinced this is a solution. One of the big advantages of this project is that there is a legal company behind it so I think any solution should involve Maidsafe.

Another thing is that some supporters will help as much as possible or even do most of the work required.

3 Likes

this is the best option, but can we wait?

I agree Omni-ERC20 duality is one of the two viable options and that would be also useful beyond the launch of Safe network for bridging into Ethereum (so not too late to do it). On major exchange I do not think Binance is an option: just like Poloniex and Justin Sun, Binance appears to be increasingly opinionated about where they think future of decentralised networks lie: with their own in-house Binance Chain tech.
Bitfinex supports OMNI development amongst other open source projects, they do not charge listing fees or toxic behaviour like extorting airdrops out of projects, it is most probably MaidSafeCoin’s best option for getting listed on a major top 10 exchange that also has a unverified account level.

5 Likes

proposal: MAID listing on exchanges via community created foundation

1 Like

Granted the price has dropped but not yet disintegrated.

The loan brought in double what was originally sought.
So that amount or a little more should be available?
I only question whether it is worth biting the bullet because nobody wins here especially Maidsafe if there is no market for those coins.

6 Likes

Wonder if any of the big exchanges would require the “payment” in FIAT or if they would be okay with $50,000 in MAID token equivalent (which would be nice but probably not). May make sense to try to get 1 big legitimate exchange on board for that cost or less though because if bittrex and hitbtc fall through we would be out of luck. The other question is does a new exchange listing instantly gain interest from traders and bots? Idk where the data is to prove in 2019-2020 listings how it has gone for newly listed crypto projects that didn’t have crazy funding for ads and promotion.

3 Likes

I doubt it. A new exchange listing is best paired with sustainable and sustained noteworthy news. If it were me I’d pair announcement of a new exchange listing with things like continued announcement of Fleming’s imminent release, a contest to develop marketing ideas in support of that release, a competition to win prizes if you find/fix bugs on public testnet, a hackathon to reward development on SAFE, etc. The exchange listing must be paired with activities that promote user engagement. These are the sorts of things the prior marketing team should have been organizing. Perhaps the Community Created Foundation @TylerAbeoJordan proposed could provide MaidSafe the added bandwidth to get these sorts of things done.

16 Likes

I was thinking similarly, a new listing paired with delivery of the MVP/MVE would probably be the best bet imo. Maybe listed slightly before, but I don’t want us getting burned thinking the network is ready for use when a few days of community testing proves the current iteration has major issues or flops. I would want it to be a true v1.0 that can stand on its own legs of sorts even if lacking critical features for future success like upgrades or w/e.

10 Likes

Exchanges do do this, but they would just liquidate token into fiat or a major crypto right away (or as soon as possible to get as much $ out) and hurt the price, so better if they can be released on a vesting schedule until there is more liquidity. Really we need to be targeting a better known higher liquidity exchange with reasonable fee structures too i.e. one of binance, huobi, liquid, okex would do nicely

4 Likes

IF Maidsafe has enough funds to get to Fleming, why not just concentrate on that and look at something after that. Until then there is really nothing to shout out about. I know traders wont like this. It may be a big IF

5 Likes

Well we think Fleming is Real Soon Now, but as always, the team rightly refuse to give a timetable.
We know the science is done and its all engineering from here on in until Fleming - and quite some way beyond, I believe. However while it is less difficult to put timescales on the engineering than on science, it may be prudent for the community to get some work done on finding other exchanges just in case the engineering takes longer. Already we have one key member possibly suffering burnout, we don’t want others out of the game for a while , thus stretching the time until Fleming so if the community can assist in any way, then we should try.
Also Fleming is NOT an immediate magic bullet for finances. Cash flow might still get tight even if Fleming does come sooner rather than later.

6 Likes

The lack of exchange access is an issue for people who just want to buy and hodl too, especially if you live in the US.

Couldn’t agree more. Since the MaidSafe team is very lean now and singularly populated with the developer skill set, I think the community will have to lend a helping hand.

7 Likes