MAID listing on exchanges via community created foundation

I think this is fantastic and look forward to donating to our collective future if/when this effort launches. A couple points others have made that I share:

1. Whatever we go forward with should have the “approval” of David/Maidsafe at least on some level to ensure alignment of goals, avoid legal entanglements, and give us the maximum credibility.
  2. And whatever we do we need to be minimally invasive on Maidsafe’s primary goal of getting Fleming out and then MVE. We want to help, but we don’t want to distract either. I share others worry about being too ambitious with new tokens, etc. that may require significant effort from Maidsafe. Just a concern not stating that an ERC-20 token would necessarily be disruptive.

I would also say that if this effort includes marketing (properly timed and effective) I would be very interested in helping to fund that as well.

10 Likes

I think the suggestion on this thread is all the more valid now…at the very least there will always be a place to for US based customers to trade and the DEX has significant exposure to the Chinese (& Asia in general) traders and investors…The network has nodes located in the US Asia and Europe and a mobile app that can enhance the marketing of MAIDSAFE…

1 Like

Agree wholeheartedly …!

2 Likes

Closing the polls tomorrow … looks like the research first and repoll is winning out though. @Josh didn’t you create a wiki page for adding info on exchanges? I can’t find it now, could you link it in this thread?

4 Likes

Centralized Exchanges and Decentralized Exchanges

5 Likes

I went through coinmarketcap’s top 100 exchanges by adjusted trade volume and created this spreadsheet MAID Centralized Exchange Options - Google Sheets. The spreadsheet highlights the following information (when available):

• Exchange
  • Trade Volume (24 hr)
  • Liquidity
  • Date Launched
  • Open to US
  • Listing Requirements and Instructions
  • Notes
  • Next Steps (TBD)

For additional thoughts see this post: MAID Centralized Exchange Options - #7 by Sotros25

10 Likes

May I suggest we add whether OMNI coins (e.g TETHER) are listed in the exchange?

2 Likes

Coinmarketcap don’t make a difference between reported and adjusted, that list is not correct. When exchanges you never heard of is high in top 100 it fake volume.

For example : P2PB2B shows high ranking on coinmarketcap, coingecko shows that 95% of the volume is fake.

Sort adjusted volume by click on the label, 24H normalised volume.

3 Likes

Nice work @Sotros25

I have added this from another topic as it could be useful to eliminate options.

4 Likes

To have a secret telegram group you need each other’s phone numbers. I think it would be interesting to coordinate some media blasts but we’ll need to share numbers. First I would like to organize some where’s and when’s before we take that step. Currently don’t have the bandwidth to do just that but I will keep it high on the TODO list!

3 Likes

Feel free to compile information for additional exchanges, as well as add comments on which exchanges you prefer/don’t recommend.

3 Likes

If you want a really private communication channel we could use retroshare →

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/alternative-temporary-peer-to-peer-messaging-forum/

Otherwise we could use Riot, Slack,etc. No phone numbers needed.

5 Likes

I have closed the polls. Thanks to everyone who voted :wink:

The majority seem keen for further research before jumping into the deep end, so I will try to move the goal posts a bit over the next few days.

9 Likes

Slack sounds good

Rather than Slack, could we opt for Discord?

• Discord’s free offering is better than Slack’s
  • Discord offers unlimited storage, vs Slack’s 5GB (this goes faster than you think when you’re trying to collaborate a team on a project)
  • Discord doesn’t use Electron, so the apps take up less memory / CPU and generally feel much faster

Everything else being equal, if we’re going to ask people to install something, Discord is far and away the better option

4 Likes

I’m most familiar with Slack’s mobile interface; however, I’m open to other options

2 Likes

Discord is very nice but I think Riot.im/Matrix is more aligned with privacy, security and decentralisation.

3 Likes

Q: Who can see my phone number?

On Telegram, you can send messages in private chats and groups without making your phone number visible. By default, your number is only visible to people who you’ve added to your address book as contacts. You can further modify this in Settings > Privacy and Security > Phone Number .

2 Likes

Discord can have invite only groups and then you can have roles within that to to have private voice chats. No need to share phone numbers or have anymore bandwidth than to talk to others.

4 Likes

What makes or breaks going with an exchange.
They all fake volume, according to coingecko even binance does. Same goes for reviews on exchanges, you will find scam claims on just about all exchanges, again binance (only using them as an example due to the extreme popularity) has recently had many complaints on reddit.
I dont like Polo, some people like them, I like Bittrex, some people feel otherwise.
What do we believe and when?
I exchanged a few emails and telegram chats with P2PB2B’s head of listing and he has been very welcoming and helpful.
If I look at internet reviews, typically there are good, bad and ugly opinions.
It’s a minefield for sure, but what really matters?
To me all that matters is that I can deposit my funds, make a trade and withdraw, typically all within the same day. Fake volume matters little to me.

4 Likes