MAID listing on exchanges via community created foundation

When US regulation changed we lost Upbit, Bittrex around 2018, When that crypto joke guy took over Poloniex 2019 we lost Poloniex. Got listed on Bittrex global around 2019. 10 years are many years to survive so spendings have gone to development.

Right now we have HitBTC and Bittrex Global.

4 Likes

I personally think, no matter what we need an ERC20 MAID that you have to convert from Omni MAID, like what Project Decorum did. That would be the minimum to survive off of some of the less desirable eth DEX options but also easier to get any potential exchanges to integrate if we can muster up some community funds for the listing requirements.

Most importantly we need a working product. Then we need an injection of fresh capital. I think it would be time for a Series B. I don’t know what happened with Maidsafe Asia but the team got $600,000 from them alone and all the bitcoin donated from others was right before the bull market. Whether they focus on VC’s this time around or if they do the Series B through BNK2THEFUTURE again, I don’t know. I do know that they check to see if you are an accredited investor now which really sucks. Point is, that did amazing things for us. We may not have needed the marketing team when we did (it oddly didn’t seem to help as much as you would have thought except around PARSEC release) but we will need a very focused and experienced marketing team once we get closer to live Safecoin.

It’s like a vicious cycle. Without funds we don’t have marketing, without marketing it’s hard to draw new interest, without funds it’s hard to get listed, without exchanges it’s hard to potentially increase funding, without funding it’s hard to release. Literally money is our problem. We need a working product and fresh capital.

That sounds pessimistic probably so here is another scenario.
We still need a working product.
Then the community storms social media in as coordinated a way as possible (try to get a hashtag to trend) spread the news, screenshots, and resources for the working product.
We raise community funds to get us listed on one or two exchanges, one US (say Kraken), one global (KuCoin or Binance)
Again coordinate on social media. Use $MAID on crypto twitter with other top altcoin tickers mixed in ($MAID, $IOTA, $EOS, $XTZ, etc etc), go to popular YouTube crypto influencer channels (CryptoZombie, KrownsCryptoCave, MMCrypto, TheMoon, CrytpoLark, DataDash, SunnyDecree, ThatMartiniGuy, etc etc) and mention SAFE in the comments or say hey make a video about the SAFEnetwork, talk about MAID.
Talk about MAID in the TradingView cryptocurrency chat, post chart analysis on TradingView.
Rinse and repeat. We could do all of this.
We need to be coordinated and organized though. Maybe everyone joins a secret telegram group and we take a half hour out of our days to tackle all of these things together consecutively. It’d be like a daily syllabus sharing what to do where and when. I think it would be effective as long as we don’t come off as bots, just sound normal while using the given material.

Just some Saturday thoughts. I’ll look into starting a telegram group if anyone is interested in something like this.

7 Likes

Polls are now available in the OP.

Please vote your preferences.

Cheers

5 Likes

I think this is fantastic and look forward to donating to our collective future if/when this effort launches. A couple points others have made that I share:

1. Whatever we go forward with should have the “approval” of David/Maidsafe at least on some level to ensure alignment of goals, avoid legal entanglements, and give us the maximum credibility.
  2. And whatever we do we need to be minimally invasive on Maidsafe’s primary goal of getting Fleming out and then MVE. We want to help, but we don’t want to distract either. I share others worry about being too ambitious with new tokens, etc. that may require significant effort from Maidsafe. Just a concern not stating that an ERC-20 token would necessarily be disruptive.

I would also say that if this effort includes marketing (properly timed and effective) I would be very interested in helping to fund that as well.

10 Likes

I think the suggestion on this thread is all the more valid now…at the very least there will always be a place to for US based customers to trade and the DEX has significant exposure to the Chinese (& Asia in general) traders and investors…The network has nodes located in the US Asia and Europe and a mobile app that can enhance the marketing of MAIDSAFE…

1 Like

Agree wholeheartedly …!

2 Likes

Closing the polls tomorrow … looks like the research first and repoll is winning out though. @Josh didn’t you create a wiki page for adding info on exchanges? I can’t find it now, could you link it in this thread?

4 Likes

Centralized Exchanges and Decentralized Exchanges

5 Likes

I went through coinmarketcap’s top 100 exchanges by adjusted trade volume and created this spreadsheet MAID Centralized Exchange Options - Google Sheets. The spreadsheet highlights the following information (when available):

• Exchange
  • Trade Volume (24 hr)
  • Liquidity
  • Date Launched
  • Open to US
  • Listing Requirements and Instructions
  • Notes
  • Next Steps (TBD)

For additional thoughts see this post: MAID Centralized Exchange Options - #7 by Sotros25

10 Likes

May I suggest we add whether OMNI coins (e.g TETHER) are listed in the exchange?

2 Likes

Coinmarketcap don’t make a difference between reported and adjusted, that list is not correct. When exchanges you never heard of is high in top 100 it fake volume.

For example : P2PB2B shows high ranking on coinmarketcap, coingecko shows that 95% of the volume is fake.

Sort adjusted volume by click on the label, 24H normalised volume.

3 Likes

Nice work @Sotros25

I have added this from another topic as it could be useful to eliminate options.

4 Likes

To have a secret telegram group you need each other’s phone numbers. I think it would be interesting to coordinate some media blasts but we’ll need to share numbers. First I would like to organize some where’s and when’s before we take that step. Currently don’t have the bandwidth to do just that but I will keep it high on the TODO list!

3 Likes

Feel free to compile information for additional exchanges, as well as add comments on which exchanges you prefer/don’t recommend.

3 Likes

If you want a really private communication channel we could use retroshare →

https://forum.autonomi.community/t/alternative-temporary-peer-to-peer-messaging-forum/

Otherwise we could use Riot, Slack,etc. No phone numbers needed.

5 Likes

I have closed the polls. Thanks to everyone who voted :wink:

The majority seem keen for further research before jumping into the deep end, so I will try to move the goal posts a bit over the next few days.

9 Likes

Slack sounds good

Rather than Slack, could we opt for Discord?

• Discord’s free offering is better than Slack’s
  • Discord offers unlimited storage, vs Slack’s 5GB (this goes faster than you think when you’re trying to collaborate a team on a project)
  • Discord doesn’t use Electron, so the apps take up less memory / CPU and generally feel much faster

Everything else being equal, if we’re going to ask people to install something, Discord is far and away the better option

4 Likes

I’m most familiar with Slack’s mobile interface; however, I’m open to other options

2 Likes

Discord is very nice but I think Riot.im/Matrix is more aligned with privacy, security and decentralisation.

3 Likes