MAID Decentralized Exchange Options

It just seems odd to consider all these other new dex options and erc-20 conversion when there is a ready to go option already available.

2 Likes

There are many disadvantages. Both people must be online to make a trade if I remember correctly. Transactions are expensive. The UI platform itself is difficult to use…

2 Likes

It’s important for us to evaluate the dex options available. To do that the topic would at a minimum need to be updated with a list of the options that exist. Would you be willing to do that @Josh?

I suggest that we go through a process with phases similar to:

1. Compile list of dex suggestions
  2. Collect the important facts of each dex
  3. Narrow list of dexs
  4. Try out remaining candidates
  5. Identify suitable options

By qualifying dex(s) we would answer an important question and potentially further inform the discussion of adding an ERC20 counterpart to the OMNI MAID token.

6 Likes

I have turned this into a wiki anyone can now add a suggested DEX to get a list started.

5 Likes

Would be possible to also create a wiki for centralised exchanges which MAID could be listed on. It would also be good if there where some criterias for posting, for example DEX: mention daily volume (fake volume excluded if possible), listing criteria, only ERC20 or not.
For example centralised exchanges: normalised daily volume (fake volume excluded), listing criteria, US customers or not.

6 Likes

An important trend in decentralised exchanges is staking coins for trading right from your hardware wallet without requiring trust in an intermediary to hold your private keys. Two major DEXs in this new highest ease of use, privacy and security frontier are Deversifi (allegedly $USD 200-500 million/daily volume) and Binance DEX (allegedly $USD 800 million/daily). Community run Kleros can be used by anyone to get listed on Deversifi and a few other exchanges. Only problem is the typical “ERC-20 only” warning you get on most DEXs these days however.

4 Likes

I don’t think people realize how messy and how complicated swaps can be. Especially a partial swap! The idea of having an omni token and an ERC token at the same time with out any way of doing arbitrage… there will be price divergence… It will be better just to create a native bridge for maid once the token is live

1 Like

This is interesting, would require MAID listed on a DEX.

2 Likes

Isn’t there the Omni DEX now?

7 Likes

I heard there was an update coming tomorrow that was going to add that layer.

4 Likes

Yeah, OMNI DEX is supposed to launch ~tomorrow with bitcoin block 627250

10 Likes

Would be cool if https://renproject.io/ technology will be used as a trustless bridge to transfer MAID from Bitcoin blockchain to an Ethereum ERC20 MAID. In app idea 12 they talk about integrating USDT OMNI tokens: 12 App Ideas Using RenVM. RenVM, Bringing Maximum Utility to DeFi | by Loong | Ren Project | Medium

RenVM is a Smartcontract with Zero Knowledge technology running on the Ethereum Blockchain. It generates a BTC (or BCH/ZEC) privatekey, create a public address to deposit BTC, create a trustless bridge to Ethereum and mint renBTC ERC20 tokens. In this PoC you can exchange BTC for ERC20 SAI: https://chaosdex.renproject.io/

Next to the advantage to have a MAID ERC20 token on the Ethereum blockchain, this technology can be used to create a trustless bridge between MAID and Safecoin when Safenetwork goes life. This also solves the liquidity (and centralized exchange) problem with Safecoin in the future, like we now have with MAID.

6 Likes

What does that mean exactly. This OmniDEX is like a new exchange plateform? Will it be possible to trade maidsafecoins easily?

It is online now. You can trade BTC for MAID and MAID for BTC: Omniwallet™ - The Next Generation Wallet

11 Likes

Oh thanks. And this Omni DEX is new or is it “just” a new version?

Do you think volumes will be high with Maidsafecoins?

2 Likes

It is new version… It started today with BTC trading (I think it was working only agenst OMNI till now)

6 Likes

I have no idea what all of their units are… amount ‘1’? Price ‘215’? 215 whats? Which are BTC and which are MAID?

Crazily bad labeling of units… hope it improves in time now they’re putting more effort into it, as the feature could be very useful if it works well enough for people to bother using it.

5 Likes

Looks this BTC is not the real bitcoin … There are a lot of “fake” Bitcoin and BTC…

4 Likes

That’s strange. Do they have any way of flagging fake coins etc?

Hope they sort these user experience niggles.

Edit: on their old wiki article they basically just say ‘do your own research’, so according to that they’re not taking any steps to flag potentially dodgy assets etc. But, the wiki is out of date, as it says you won’t be able to trade Omni assets for BTC, which they claim to enable in this release (though I can’t see a legit BTC option available to trade with from a quick look).

Edit 2: Their release said this functionality would be available on Omnicore first, and Omniwallet later, so perhaps it hasn’t rolled out yet on Omniwallet.

6 Likes

People can name a coin anything they want by design. The Id value is how you know what you are dealing with is what you want to deal with. Iirc BTC is 0, Omni is 1, tether is 2 and MAID is 3. Don’t quote me on this, you should do your own due diligence to confirm.

8 Likes