MAID Community Exchange Listing Plan

New potential exchange for MAID

@maidsafe should we reach back out?

5 Likes

That depends Will. What exchange does he represent? If it looks decent (reasonable volumes, strong marketing, well regarded on social networks) then please direct him to: pr@Maidsafe.net. Many thanks.

5 Likes

Thanks I’ll message him back and ask

EDIT: Did, waiting for response

4 Likes

Wondering if it’s this person - https://icobench.com/u/bithemoth

2 Likes

with project this solid i think any major exchange will list MAID
-binance
-huobi
-okex
-KuCoin

these would be first i’d apply to

2 Likes

This was discussed in a previous Dev Update and one exchanged wanted $200.000 which is 3 or so months of Development time, so they decided against it.
They have some other newer exchanges lining up where the listing fee is much less with more bang for the buck.

6 Likes

update:

He confirmed that he’s from that exchange.

What are your opinions on it, everyone? It seems to be in ICO stage, can’t find out if it’s able to be used for trading yet

2 Likes

Any specified requirements for listing?

1 Like

Not sure yet, want to see what people (& MaidSafe)'s opinions are on bithemoth.com exchange and if people support it, I’ll ask for the requirements from them

So strange how many people working already in pre ICO stage.

The exchange goes into Beta in Q3 2018 and full release in Q4. Personally I would only advocate working with exchanges with some trading history. Also from a business perspective it is preferable to be stepping into exchanges with decent levels of existing volume.

15 Likes

Please help vote for MaidSafeCoin on CoinFalcon!

https://feedback.coinfalcon.com/coin-request/p/maid

4 Likes

Hello everyone! Micholas here from the Bithemoth Exchange. Our exchange is developing an all-encompassing blockchain trading platform. Leading up to our pre-sale, which we expect to begin next month, we have been reaching out to well-established projects as a means to partner with them. The partnership we are proposing is for the most part media-based.

We would like to host the MaidSafeCoin on our exchange when it’s completed. There is no initiation cost. In exchange, we’d like to develop a media relationship. By that, we mean promoting each other’s projects via social media. This includes announcements, news, platform updates, etc. We would also like to have our logo, linked to our page, placed on the website.

You are all probably wondering why would any project want to partner with our team, our exchange…
There is actually quite a bit setting us apart from the already existing exchanges.

• We plan to streamline signup process. Too many exchanges have created so many hoops for users to jump through in order to use their exchange
  • Our UI will be very clean. This is one of the main focuses of our platform. Existing exchanges can be very confusing for users new to the crypto space.
  • The in-house portfolio management allows users to easily assess their investments with features such as average buy cost, current value, cumulative portfolio performance, and more.
  • It’s well known that the support systems that exchanges have setup are highly inefficient and frustrating for users. We will have dedicated systems in place to ensure users have no issues when utilizing our platform. Along with that, we’ll have multilingual support.
  • All the features we support on our platform will have a video explanation ensuring smooth trading
  • We will introduce fiat to crypto transactions and vice-versa
  • Mobile App
  • A marketplace where users can use crypto/fiat to buy products and services
  • An integrated specialized hardware wallet for users to store all their assets
  • Bithemoth payment cards – this is expected to be integrated within the first 2-3 years of operation
  • Brick and mortar locations that allow people to come in, speak with our team, learn more about the crypto space, learn how to get started with our exchange. Pretty much an educational service

Those are the main features, there are small things that I always forget about! But it’s all in our whitepaper.

We’ve recently partnered with ReddCoin, and plan to develop relationships with other promising projects as well.

Thanks for taking the time to read my reply, and I would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have!

4 Likes

It sounds like an opportunity but a very lop sided one. No offense to the exchange but Maidsafe have a reputation and typically I think both partners should so they both know what they’re getting into. Say Maidsafe promotes the exchange on good faith and then the upcoming ICO goes sideways or worse, then Maidsafe has egg on their face.

12 Likes

I agree. The sad fact is 99%+ of projects in this space fail. We’ve seen a fair few of those here, big promises turning out to be wasted air for all the usual startup reasons - lack of money, overambitious goals, unrealistic deadlines, lack of research and the rest. People get burned and trust is lost. Best of luck to you @Micholas and well done on reaching out, but I think the time for collaborations is when there’s something tangible to put on the table.

10 Likes

No, they dont have to list Maidsafecoin, these exchanges will run sooner or later on the safenetwork :joy:

2 Likes

I can imagine how someone following the project the last many years, or anyone following from a serious investor’s perspective might have had their doubts and worries about getting on more exchanges and swapping tokens and top tens and etc… But having only started following the project seriously late last year, from a non-developer’s quite fresh view of the project, I would like to say that it seems to me like development has continued as normal :smile: tomorrow we’re going to hear big news, possibly of the consensus flavour, and does anyone feel shocked at the team’s current excitement and panache? I don’t, anyway. They’ve a history of hammering out results.

As much as I sympathise with the price perspective (bills must be paid and kids must be fed), and as much as I encourage the community to continue speaking honestly and criticising openly to keep everyone on their toes, it’s probably a good moment to reflect on the fact that price is ultimately derived from value and not vice versa. And maidsafe’s commitment to real value has, as far as I can see, never waivered.

11 Likes

Remember the NVO fiasco and stand still. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me…

5 Likes

Ha. No Big Fat GainZ (!!1!), no food.

They’re already getting used to the no food-situation in house dewild.

I told them maybe friday…depending on the dev-update tomorrow. :thinking:

7 Likes

I think, after PARSAC has been tested by the community, we are going to see one, but i’m just throwing spaghetti.