I went through coinmarketcap’s top 100 exchanges by adjusted trade volume and created this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Iq7uzdpDw6TVC113_FemW2wxiEp7wVBKC6e-LxbaoIM/edit?usp=sharing. The spreadsheet highlights the following information (when available):
- Trade Volume (24 hr)
- Date Launched
- Open to US
- Listing Requirements and Instructions
- Next Steps (TBD)
A key next step would be to double-click into the exchanges on the sheet and answer the following questions:
- What kind of information does the application require and who can provide that info?
- Who must submit the application (i.e. MaidSafe or community)?
- What are the associated fees?
- What are the requirements to remain listed?
- What marketing activities can support the listing?
I was able to populate links to listing requirements/instructions for 64 of the exchanges. People can reference/edit the list to reflect any information they have on these exchanges so that we can create a short list of which exchanges to pursue first.
Precursory glances at these listing requirements seem to indicate that while the community can be helpful in drafting up documentation, identifying opportunities, etc., most exchanges require that the project team (i.e. MaidSafe) make the actual listing request. Moreover, answering the list of questions to drill down to which exchanges are highest potential, etc. is likely to be rather time consuming. MaidSafe would likely benefit from hiring someone who’s sole job is to manage exchange relationships. Alternatively, the Community Created Foundation could hire someone to focus on this. In addition to answering the key questions above, such a person’s responsibilities would include:
- Filling out forms
- Making and sending introductions
- Staying in steady communication with exchanges
- Organizing and executing marketing in support of exchange listings
The person would be evaluated and compensated based on:
- Number of successful exchange listings
- Quality of exchange listings
- Time to exchange listings
- Negotiated cost of listings
- Level of marketing initiative engagement (i.e. trade volume, impressions, follower count, etc.)
Perhaps there are people on this forum who are technically savvy and knowledgeable enough to help answer some of the key questions in order to lighten the load on MaidSafe. Hopefully, the spreadsheet and the thoughts shared here will help facilitate that.