Maid and emaid prices are starting to diverge

I think the last time I heard about wallet maintenance it took like 2 weeks, the omni protocol takes a long time to rebuild the database

depends on the reason for maintenance. Last time I heard about it in this forum it took a long time which was obviously rebuilding the omni protocol DB

EDIT: and its back up so thats good to hear

4 Likes

You can very easily place a limit order through an uniswap aggregator - for example 1inch:

https://app.1inch.io/#/1/classic/limit-order/USDC/EMAID

Privacy. Security. Freedom

7 Likes

Thanks for letting us know. I withdrew all the excess immediately. Though I have to say Bittrex is the one I trust the most. But still…

I think I’m going to convert some more into EMAID. I need to sell some in this year in any case, so the tax consequences don’t matter. The price is also clearly better, at the moment at least, and I guess there could be a shortage of EMAID coming when the interest picks up again.

3 Likes

The arb wndow closed rapidly

i

6 Likes

So now I have some emaid to play with (yes the conversion worked) and the window shut (yet still 25% higher than where I bought), I might as well hodl and wait for the moon.

5 Likes

At what “price” is the moon “on your map”?

1 Like

No idea. I was just having a laugh

1 Like

It’s on again!

1 Like

I have been away from the forum for some time. Can someone fill me in on emaid and maid. When I learned about Safe Network I wanted to support the project so I bought in. I have no idea about what the deal is with emaid and maid and a quick search has not really helped. The original idea I had was that you contribute with maidsafecoin and when the network finally goes live you convert to to the actual coin. Is that still the case?

2 Likes

yeah then someone suggested that it might be a good idea for MAID to be on ERC20, rather than OMNI

so after lots of debate, there was a platform set up to convert MAID to EMAID for those who want to.

so some did, some didnt. its all the same. 1MAID (OMNI) = 1EMAID (ERC) and both will be converted to 1 SNT at the applicable time.

2 Likes

so both are listed on coinmarketcap, but for some reason emaid is higher.

1 Like

@Astroman just keep buying the cheaper Maid and convert it to Emaid to make a quick profit.

:dollar: :dollar: :dollar:

I’ll bet you thought of that already!

2 Likes

Quick Update on ERC20 MAID

Here are the threads where the whole thing was discussed
MaidSafeCoin is now available on the Ethereum blockchain, thanks to eMAID

Yup… still a thin market so arbs are possible. If you see one you can execute, get paid for doing a favour to the community :smiley:

1 Like

Answered all my questions. Thanks.

2 Likes

Arbitrage makes for personal gains and not so much “favour for the community”. As arbitrage is considered one of the few “free lunch” you can get in this world, enjoy the free lunch.

2 Likes

this is where all the conversions are listed:

1 Like

To be fair, if you dont have the emaid at hand, its not really arbitrage. It takes too long to convert.

Plus the ease of access to buy a ERC20 token should mean that there are more buyers over there. Could explain the price discrepancy.

3 Likes

You take the personal gains for making the market more efficient. More efficient pricing and more volume is actually a service. Yes the remuneration is personal, but it has positive spillover if done in this manner (let us not talk about dark markets etc.)

3 Likes

That US might have access to Uniswap might be one of the reason why price tend to differ in the short term. Restrictions to markets is sometimes a reason price is higher on some markets.

2 Likes