Macroevolution.net

Forked from: Most wanted APP for the SAFE Network

The (human) “origins” section, which is built somewhat like a FAQ. Then the “hybrids” section (mostly mammals). Then type platypus (my favorite) into the “search” function (and as a side-trip, go to Youtube and do a search on seal and penguin mating - as an example of bird-mammal mating, although the ancestors of the platypus might have been more like a duck and a beaver). Then, having absorbed all that, read the “hominids” section and go “wait a minute, all these hominid ‘species’ that the paleontologists talk about must be made-up - it’s all one bucket - people making careers looking for patterns where there are none, like Percival Lovell with his canals on Mars.”

As a further trip into deconstruction of narratives (not hybrids but dinosaurs), type “mesozoic” into the search function, and ponder the similarities between armadillos and ankylosaurs, pangolins and stegosaurs, and the fact that pterosaurs were hairy and probably viviparous. Wait a minute! Aren’t we told over and over that they all went extinct, and that all (placental) mammals alive today are descended from a shrew-like creature that lived 65 mya (on the basis of conjecture rather than evidence)?

1 Like

Used to have a family of those living in the river bounding one side of the property I had over a decade ago.

1 Like

I suppose there were yabbies there as well.

Problem was the river was dry for too much of the year. Just an underground river for about 1/2 year and water flowing for the other half. My bore gave crystal clear water upto 3000-5000 litres an hour in the drought.

Did have a number of snakes though. Browns, red-belly blacks and western tiger. the really poisonous ones (taipans) fled from humans and lived in the hills surrounding.

So the river had to be accessed in clear openings and the cattle crossing made life difficult for snakes and yabbies. I rarely went down to the less accessible parts of the river bank (10 foot drop then bush)