Low Radiation Wifi Routers

Good to see a helpful product on the market. ‘JRS eco-wifi’ low radiation wifi routers.

https://www.jrseco.com/pcat/low-radiation-wifi-routers-jrs-eco-wifi/

1 Like

WOW, what a bullshit!

On any wifirouter you can make the wifi “hidden” which turns of those beacon messages. These are normal routers with “eko” stiker and 10x the price :frowning:

1 Like

Hi I didnt know that it was possible to make the wifi ‘hidden’ on any router so thank you - that is great to know. I have e-mailed JRS to ask what differentiates their product from a standard wifi router and will post their response when I recieve it.

Every wifi chip is capable of this function, but the option can be not available to user in user settings. I can imagine some ISP supplied boxes with custom firmware can have it blocked, but I dont remenber seing such a device.

Another thing is why even bother with it, wifi is probably harmless and if you think otherwise there are much worse devices around, we call them mobile phones :slight_smile:

I dont want to go into details (it is all more complicated), but compare the transmitted power:
Bluetooth 1-100 mW (most devices 1-2.5 mW)
WiFi (2,4Ghz) 100 mW (folowing EU rules)
Mobile phones 3-4G up to 500mW (1-2G up to 2000 mW)

I received this lovely message from JRS which I am posting as promised

"Anyone with a packet sniffer program like Wireshark or an electrosmog meter like the Acoustimeter can easily determine that when you set the SSID to Hidden on an ordinary wifi router, it still emits beacon packets, only the SSID field is set to zero. It doesn’t reduce the emissions of the router in any way".

Regarding the safety of wifi & mobile phone EMF radiation - it has been proven to be harmful. Please read the following document compiled by Martin L Pall PhD, Professor Emeritus of Biochemistry & Biomedical Science at Washington State University - “ sent to many of the authorities of the European Union, in conjunction with other documents sent to the same people by a group of European scientists
Over 180 scientists and doctors from 36 nations have demanded a moratorium on 5G, due to potential health risks…

Chapter 1: Eight Extremely Well-Documented Effects of Non-Thermal EMF Exposures: Role of Pulsations, Other Factors that Influence EMF Effects, pp. 4-17

Chapter 2: How Each Such EMF Effect Is Directly Produced via Voltage-Gated Calcium Channel Activation: Role of the Voltage Sensor in Producing the Extraordinary Sensitivity to EMF Effects, pp. 17-23

Chapter 3. Strong Evidence for Cumulative and Irreversible EMF Effects pp. 23-27

Chapter 4. EMFs Including Wi-Fi May Be Particularly Damaging to Young People pp. 27,28

Chapter 5: The Importance of the SCENIHR 2015 Document and the Many Omissions, Flaws and Falsehoods in That Document pp. 28-58

*Chapter 6: The U.S. Early Role in Recognizing Non-Thermal EMF Effects and How This Was Abandoned Starting in 1986: U.S. Failure to Research Health Impacts of Cell Phone Towers,Cell Phones, Wi-Fi, Smart Meters and Now 5G. What Is the Current Position of U.S.Government Agencies? pp. 58-78

Chapter 7: The Great Risks of 5G: What We Know and What We Don’t Know pp. 78-82

"In an appeal to the European Union, more than 180 scientists and doctors from 36 countries warn about the danger of 5G, which will lead to a massive increase in involuntary exposure to electromagnetic radiation. The scientists urge the EU to follow Resolution 1815 of the Council of Europe, asking for an independent task force to reassess the health effects."

“We, the undersigned scientists, recommend a moratorium on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry. 5G will substantially increase exposure to radiofrequency electromagnetic fields (RF-EMF) on top of the 2G, 3G, 4G, WiFi etc. for telecommunications already in place. RF-EMF has been proven to be harmful for humans and the environment.”

1 Like

Interesting, I have to try it sometimes. So instead switching the beacons of, they probably set longer interval. Change it from default 0.1 second to 1 second and you have reduced it by 90 %. This option is also available on most wifi routers.

I am not neuroscientist so I will not argree or disagree with the harm done by EMF radiation. I know a bit about physics and wireless internet is my job. If you want to protect yourself from EMF for whatever reason, don’t keep you phone in your pocket when you are at home or at work and make calls using loudspeaker or wired headset.

If you want to spend $250+ on wifi router, get somenthing high quality like Cisco, Aruba, Cambium and set it for lower transmit power. And don’t have the router (and phone and other “connected” devices) in your bedroom. With EMF distance is the key.

1 Like

A hidden SSID means no beacons. And obviously there is a reduction transmissions because of that.

The packet sniffer sees the computers which know the SSID connecting and from that they find the SSID. The SSID is in the packets the computers send when they connect to the router. Not the other way around (beacons)

You have to interpret what you read correctly.

1 Like

Can you explain the principles of work this know-how?

Hi. I am not personally able to offer an explanation as I lack the necessary technical expertise - I have emailed JRS Eco Wireless to request some assistance in explaining how the Routers work.and hope to post their much more informative response when I receive it.

I received a lovely e-mail from JRS Eco Wireless the following day- I explained that I am posting the contents on a forum in response to technical questions that I am not personally able to answer.

"An access point with its SSID set to hidden still emits a constant stream of beacon type packets. Wireshark or any packet sniffer will reveal that all information fields inside the beacons are the same as for non-hidden beacon packets, except for the SSID field which is set to zero. (See e.g. this Ethical Hacking blog post.) Therefore, if you want to reduce emissions, it is important to reduce the beacon frequency. In addition to that, the JRS Eco 100 technology has a zero emission Full Eco standby mode, not available on ordinary routers, where the transmission of beacons is stopped altogether when no wireless devices are connected."