Lost $thousands of MAID a few days ago

He has already stated , the maidsafe coins are still in the same wallet, the hacker person took the bitcoin out the wallet, thus unable to afford the fee to move the safecoins from the address to another.

could be a bitcoin crawler , that isn’t even aware of the maidsafe coin on the address

2 Likes

YES i do I just found it!

ok so are the coins still in that address?

I just imported it into a new wallet and added 2FA and email verification etc so it should be secure

but it’s showing 0 BTC balance i think so I want to see if any MAID are still in there or if they got sent out already?

Just go here and plug in your wallet address: https://www.omniwallet.org/

1 Like

did you import your backup into a new omniwallet? or a regular bitcoin wallet?

Just wanted to call attention to this :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

a new btc wallet, (blockchain.info)

will I be able to send MAiD from this? or will I have to import it back into Omni?

Just worried about Omni ATM because that’s how I lost it the first time…

I just did and it looks like the MAID are still in there! :smiley:

1 Like

Now make a new wallet and send the maidsafecoins there, and you’re good to go.

Edit: I suggest you don’t make the new wallet using Starbucks wifi.

2 Likes

OK I OFFICIALLY HAVE THE PRIVATE KEY and the MAID are still in there

I just imported it into OmniWallet.org with PKey and I

3 Likes

I’m not sure how to do this. It seems that the hacker and you now both have access to the same private key … so you need to move the coins to a wallet with a different private key before the hacker does … I think only omni protocol can do this - so you have to import the private key into a new omniwallet address and then add some bitcoin to do the transaction and then move them into another wallet address with private keys that only you control.

1 Like

OK THANKS MAN I was wondering how to do this.

Now I have a new Omni address that has:

• the main address with 0 BTC and HELLA MAID in it
  • A new BTC address for me that I want to add BTC to for tx fees

The hacker won’t have access to the second address^ and so I want to know if there’s any way I can send the MAID with the BTC from the second address using Omni.

Do you know if this is possible? I am going to try

yeah I sent a little bit there the other day and idk how long after, but it was sent away again.

Is there anything I can do if it’s a bot?

(your forum software isn’t letting me post more replies, so I will just have to keep doing it as edits right here)

@eblanshey did you get that?

2 Likes

you need bitcoin in the wallet that has the maidsafecoin - then you can send those maidsafecoin to another wallet with a private key that only you control. This new wallet address that you are sending to does not have to be on omniwallet.

EDIT: also make sure you are sending the maidsafecoin and not the bitcoin. Omni can do either I think.

1 Like

Import the private key with maidsafecoin into a new wallet on omniwallet. Then send a little amount of bitcoin there to cover the transaction fee. Then immediately send the maidsafecoin from there to a bitcoin address you own.

You might run into an issue if the guy that stole the coins has a bot that automatically sends coins there to his own wallet. If that’s the case, he’ll spend it right away before you get a chance to use omniwallet to make your transfer. Hopefully that’s not the case.

5 Likes

is there anything I can do in this case? many thousands of dollars are on the line here, in a currency that the hacker has no diea about,

so is there some way I cna write a bot that makes more transactions faster than his bot does it?

I really would like to get all my savings back! :smiley: any ideas?

1 Like

I’m no expert, but if this is the case maybe he has it set to check every 5min or so for a new balance with 3+ confirmations?

so as long as you don’t lag, you might be able to send within 5min of the coins arriving?

but 5min is a random amount of time. Idk. What do u think @eblanshey ?

1 Like

Just try it normally with a small amount of bitcoin first. There might not be any bot set up.

@whiteoutmashups nah they usually get notified immediately when an address has received funds and sweep it in seconds. Even blockchain.info has a feature where you can ask them to notify you of any activity on a particular address. It isn’t hard to set up software to monitor tens of thousands of addresses.

1 Like

YYYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I"M SCREAMING AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS WITH DELIGHT!!!

YOU GUYS ARE ALL AMAZING THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE HELP!!!

GREAT COMMUNITY!!! SOOOO MUCH LOVEE!!! MAIDSAFE TO THE MOOOOOONNNN

WE ARE CHANGING THE WORLD!!! AND IT"S A PLEASURE TO BE A PART!!!

SOOOOOOMMMUUUUCCCCHHHHLLLOOOOVVVEEEEEEE

SAFE OR BUST SAFE OR BUST KARMA KARMA KARMA :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

11 Likes

hey guys thanks for the help but i guess it was set on like 5min or something, because I WAS WATCHING IT SO INTENTLY, AND SENT AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE, and now they are in my cold storage which has never seen the light of the internets and only through random entropic luck could someone achieve my private key again

THX U THX U THX U THX U THX U THX U
THX U THX U THX U
THX U THX U THX U
THX U THX U THX U
THX U THX U THX U
GUYS!!!

10 Likes

Glad to have you back on board.

4 Likes

you have nooooooooooiiiiddddeeeeaaaaaa how glad i am to be back!!

I bought these at 2c cents back in approx. forever long ago and am a firm believer!!

It was like, RIGHT when my investment was REALLY paying off I got hacked!!

But SOOO glad to be back!! (even tho i never left, in spirit :smiley: )

3 Likes

Glad you recovered your coins :slight_smile:

Check your offline address to check the coins are there

Just plug the PUBLIC address into omniwallet.org front page (NOT the wallet) and click the button. You should see your coins

4 Likes