Looking Asian

Is it just me or does anybody else love it when this happens :joy:

4 Likes

When what happens, specifically?

If you can’t see the irony I won’t try to explain it to you

1 Like

It’s not ironic though. If this person fought against inequality in public and then went home and repressed people, that would be ironic.

But when a person repressed someone 10 years ago, and then fight against inequality today, that sounds more like a person changing over 10 years for the better. Which to me seems like a good thing and something that should be celebrated if anything.

Trying to make that out to be something negative, or trying to cancel them or hold that against them, to me is just childish.

1 Like

The irony is when a group of people call for people’s heads for a repressive tweet ten years ago but when it’s one of their ‘own’ that person has changed for the better :man_shrugging:t3: So forgive me for not celebrating the hypocrisy.

3 Likes

So am I under the correct impression then that you’re simply criticizing the idea of cancelling in general?

1 Like

I couldn’t care less to be honest but if you live by the sword…

2 Likes

So what is your point with posting the article? You’re spreading it, and not criticizing it, so I’m assuming there’s something in it you agree with?

Same reason I post any other article, to simply share the information and let others have their own opinion on it. Would you prefer it not be shared for some reason?

2 Likes

Like any news organization, the stories an individual chooses to share on a forum like this are a reflection of their ideology, sometimes their agenda.

1 Like

Didn’t realise I was under psychological analysis for posting on a forum but thanks for you diagnosis. You have no idea what my ideology is and I can assure you I have no agenda :+1:t2:

1 Like

Didn’t mean to offend, bro.

3 Likes

No offence taken pal :wink:

1 Like

Much of the hypocrisy and bullying by the woke stems from the undeniable fact that being woke affords an excuse to impose your views on others and frankly to attempt to cancel anyone regarded as an opponent.
An opportunity eagerly seized on by the kind of folk who years ago would have been perfectly happy to hand out racist and homophobic ( insert any -phobic here) slurs.
Thinking that these kind of people have suddenly “changed their spots” is naive in the extreme. Its simply groupthink manifesting itself in a slightly different manner.

Please take the above as the ramblings of an amateur sociologist - as are 99.9% of ALL commentary on these issues.

6 Likes