Live 'person to person' video stream Turing test for 'Proof of unique human' for voting

Open a 5 minute voting window with each individual being assessed for validity of their ‘human-ness’ in a kind of turning test involving a live video strean in which one person would verify/assess 10 others (one every 30 seconds) via a live video feed with audio. In order for a persons’ vote to count there would have to be agreeance to a significant level amongst their ranked peers. At the end of the 5 minutes the proven individual would be able to cast their vote on one, or a number of topics. Then the window/time farm closes and all votes are instantly counted and displayed.

Interesting idea with its own set issues regarding privacy/obfuscation but maybe kinda intriguiing to some minds here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Why? What application would this serve?

This makes it harder to create multiple identities. I don’t think this addresses is uniqueness or ownership:

• What is to stop a person creating multiple identities with this method and either using them or selling them on?
  • How can anyone tell if the original person is still in charge of the online identity?

This proof if human is only valid for this particular 5 minute period. If one chooses to ‘sell’ their vote then that is unavoidable but at least it’s only one verifiable person who’s been co-opted at one instance and not an army of voting bots.

They wouldn’t need to. The proof of human is only valid for the 5 minute window. The next 5 minute voting window would also require realtime verification.

For example a vote on a topic would have been ‘verified’ that every voter was human at the time of voting, and that their vote only counted for one. Either for governance, or perhaps security - imagine if for example you wanted to increase the rank/earning potential of a vault on the SAFE network by ‘proving’ a real human was backing it.

1 Like

Vault rankings are proved by performance only. The network doesn’t give a hoot whether there’s a human behind it, and shouldn’t.
On the other points, I still don’t see a useful application. Can you give a more specific example?

Yeah, just sayin arguably safer if there’s a proven human behind a vault as reduces chance of a co-ordinated attack on the network. Not saying it’s essential (or even nessecary) but just an example which came to mind.

With regards the governance example, currently proving one person requires a centralised verification step which is open to abuse. A decentralised voting structure like this could assign where funds/taxes might be spent. This could be achieved worldwide or even locally if we gave some significance to speed of light (delay) as a proof of locality?

Think there are perhaps more useful examples but this is as good as my brain can come up with right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got it, didn’t read carefully enough!

Could be useful for high integrity decisions, and perhaps used to build a voter reputation that gains trust ranking over time, gradually reducing the need to do this for all subsequent votes.

1 Like

I wonder some humans would fail the test and some bots would pass! :grinning:

Some form of genomic sequencing might help but I don’t know, how you could avoid even that data being forged. Perhaps we’ll always need to take important actions in the presence of others… that is, third party authority… like voting the old fashioned way.

I think the obvious example is for some kind of voting/polling program, online democracy that sort of thing.

Perhaps another option is voting enabled by something valuable or something rare… so a hardware token that’s tough to duplicate, given out one to each person - once proved by quick DNA test.

I think the problem with something like that is the danger that these keys will be taken away, and used by people other than their owners. You would need something to verify that the original owner still has possession of their key and is not under coercion at the time of the vote. (coercion not at the time of the vote could be dealt with by strong anonymous voting, which prevents the other person from verifying which way the key was voted).

But this is really going back to the proof of unique human debate.

If they do too often then I’m not too sure I want their vote to count too much anyway :slight_smile:

The ‘key’ is single use and only gives you permission to vote when you’re proving in real time you’re a unique human being.

Video stream should be worth points but it’s not really very good. Biometrics and other proof are just as good. State issued ID or passports are also good.

But the best is in person verification.

Photoshop should be proof that seeing is not believing anymore

If you combine Photoshop with this, there goes your live video stream with a human:

Within 5 years we won’t even see the difference anymore, between this and a real human

Even biometric will at a point not even be proof anymore of their ‘human-ness’

I’m to lazy to look it up, but there is this company that can ID people through their typing on a keyboard. But even that is not proof of you being human, everything digital can be replicated. The darkweb drug ordering bot, is proof, that everything we do can be replicated.