List of Websites/Safesites & WebIDs (Community Resources)

First time round, anyone got me beat? :kissing_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

No. I am shit at this. As I am at all video games. Even on SAFE.

1 Like

When SAFE is launched and the world put right Iā€™m sure youā€™ll have plenty of time to sit back and focus on what really matters - high scores in video games.

3 Likes

Thanks SarahPentland for this post.
I have created a portal as my first site on the Safe Network using the information you provided.
safe://dada.zr3d
Hopefully it will be useful to others. In future I would like to make this dynamic so users can add their own sites and filter sites using keyword search.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s cool @zac. You may be psychic as I was thinking yesterday this would be a good idea.

We had one on the earlier test networks, but it wasnā€™t updated for alpha2.

Iā€™m going to a JS coder meetup later in the week so this will be useful to help demo SAFE.

1 Like

I aimed to start doing this ages ago then got distracted trying to make it dynamic, as you describe. Itā€™s not too far from finished now though, and should be up on alpha 2 and github in the next month or so if you want to pool resources for further development.

2 Likes

copied some ā€˜game of lifeā€™ implementation to the SAFE Network.
safe://gameof.life

2 Likes

Thanks @happybeing, I hope it is useful for the demo! All page functionality is vanilla JS.
I have added a logo and text filter - type in dog, cat, video etc. and it filters the portal results.
A crawler that scrapes alpha2 was an idea to populateā€¦but I have not seen a lot of cross linking between sites so this may not work so well.

If anyone is interested in having their site included on safe://dada.zr3d please send me a link and short description.

3 Likes

Nice! I have added this to a portal I have been working on - safe://dada.zr3d

5 Likes

The text filter functionality interests me.
This looks like a possible route to implement a search across a safe site?

e.g. an eBay or amazon like company. How would they implement search on a safe site.

2 Likes

With safe cli on the way, do it! Build a crawler. Websites will soon appear on the safenet.

5 Likes

Snap :joy:

Just walked past this and could not help myself

8 Likes