List of Websites/Safesites & WebIDs (Community Resources)

Sorry, just a bit frustrated at the marketing team… first not putting the right keywords… causing me to spend over 15 mins searching yet still can’t find the list of SAFE websites(was making a video to showcase people the network) and now completely unclickable links… (which if i send other people to the forum will probably also be frustrated at it…)

I’m not sure about Windows users, but Linux users don’t really “install” anything. We just run the program from wherever it was extracted. For me just clicking on those safe links doesn’t work unless I have Peruse running and I have already logged in and accepted its authenticity.

Agreed. “SafeID” sounds a lot safer.

2 Likes

Dude, these people have spent 12 years working hard on delivering a completely new platform for you to use for free. And 15 minutes of searching is too much for you? This is alpha software. Sure, many things could be improved, including the forum, a wiki, the new website and the platform itself, but real work takes time - sometimes decades.

As far as “marketing” goes, what is it people actually want to “market”. There is no product yet, for crying out loud!

1 Like

I think that’s a bug (I’m on Linux too so I will test this). Peruse should to the ‘install’ when it is first run, so clicking a link won’t work until you’ve run a new version of Peruse at least once.

Yes, it’s a bug. For me it opens a Firefox tab and then I get Peruse showing just a blank (all white Window). I think there’s going to be a new version soon so will wait to see if that fixes it before creating an issue (cc @joshuef).

2 Likes

7 posts were split to a new topic: The time it takes to deliver

A post was split to a new topic: Potential Chrome plugin for the Safe Network

Just bumping this topic up to the top of the list as the new browser v0.11.0 has been released.

11 Likes

Thank SarahPentland for sharing this list.

2 Likes

Guys i’m trying to create a WebId but i got problems. It says me “Error creating webid on the network”

Hi @Future, just in case, have you enabled the experimental APIs from the browser’s toggle beforehand?

If that’s not the issue, can you please raise this in the WebID Mgr app repo as an issue: https://github.com/maidsafe/safe-web-id-manager-js/issues, providing some more info like e.g. if you enabled the experimental APIs first, what errors you see in the page’s devtool console (you can open this console with ctrl+Alt+I)?

Alright when i turn on the toggle experiments option the profile is successfully created but the it is immediately deleted

ok, perhaps there is an issue with the app getting the list of them, there is no chance it got removed (if it was effectively created). Please try to refresh it or make sure your connection is ok, if you still have issues please report them in the repo wih the info about the errors you see in the console, that’s the only way to know what can be happening there

1 Like

ok thanks i’ll do it

1 Like

Alright @bochaco , i’ve reported the error on github :muscle:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Future, it’s very important to get people to report issues and help us with providing info to resolve them. Let’s follow it up on github.

1 Like

Hi @draw, does that mean I can use a wiki here? Yet I didn’t found one :frowning:

Hello,

You should be able to edit the first post of this topic (which is a ‘wiki’).

Hi @draw, thank you so much for the hint, it works :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey @bochaco how’re you? Tried this time again and it works!
Just one more issue. When i click my webid it doesn’t show up my profile but appears a screen full of codes and letters. I shared it on github