Lets make this go to top of Hacker News!

Get onto it and upvote gang

Sort by newest New Links | Hacker News

Legit excited about this: Maidsafe release SAFE Network Testnet Vaults from home (safenetforum.org)

Edit I do not know of a way to link to the submission if that makes sense.
Edit 2 try this link to post here https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23494298

giphy

12 Likes

Done :------) <ā€” horse smiling

4 Likes

It is flagged. I think that people see that post as a traditional coin hype.

4 Likes

haters gonna hate

3 Likes

For all that blockchain/DLT lovers like to tote about loving freedom, there is so much censorship and oppression of free speech that itā€™s just mind boggling :expressionless:

8 Likes

Done! :+1:

2 Likes

I re-published it again under this link:
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=23495736

8 Likes

Upvoted :dragon:

3 Likes

Re-done :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Awesome! Upvoted and commented as well!

4 Likes

Yeah, this is ridiculous

6 Likes

When you post something, you have to keep the message small and personal I think. Like ā€˜Hey who else is running a test SAFE Vaultā€™? And then other people have to comment, and with each comment tell something small again about the SAFE Network. You have to make other people curious whatā€™s going on, am I missing something?
Or package your message in another non-SAFE message. Asking for a decentralized internet. Someone else comments he is running a test safe_vault now, and so on.

Big posts about how great the SAFE Network is, is just marked as spam immediately because most of the time these kind of messages are spam

5 Likes

Weā€™re on a public forum commenting on a thread entitled ā€œLets make this go to top of hacker news!ā€ I donā€™t think they absolutely have to flag it, it is news and it is significant, but I donā€™t find it mysterious either when this thread exists to be honest

6 Likes

Their heads are going to explode on full launch, and when the price passes milestones like $10 they will wonder why no-one told them to buy at $0.10.

Iā€™m fine with this - more time to accumulate.

Safe Network looks healthy.

Weā€™re doing fine.

Hacker News will come to us.

7 Likes

Needs an update, still talks about parsec and common coin etc.

5 Likes

I would try next time with a title of the type: " I tried a decentralized Internet and Itā€™s not ready yet" :dragon:

3 Likes

The primer also needs to be updated. It has a whole section talking about PARSEC.

3 Likes

This is true - which dev do you suggest we drag away from the code-face and set to work on documentation?

I do not mean that as any attack on you @piluso :slight_smile: Merely a recognition of reality. The project does not have spare bodies to do these tasks. Is this something the community could collaborate on and then present to the devs for approval?

1 Like

Yes, perhaps we should be a little more co-ordinated, less obviously boosting the project - cos we will get taken for spammers.
Have some some tech-centred themes ready for when we are up again with VfH. Get your Reddit and Haker News logins ready and start commenting on other stories, so it doesnt look (quite so much) like a co-ordinated ā€œattackā€

Itā€™s on my list but Iā€™m massively busy ATM and Iā€™m not quite sure which of the changes are set in stone and what the ultimate role of Parsec is going to be. Would definitely appreciate any help in that undertaking.

13 Likes