Let's feed the artist. The rise of the micro paywall

Because NETWORK > APP/SITE > CONTENT

That is why.

You can’t just have a feature such as the one you are proposing and I am not even speaking specifically about the paywall, I am speaking about the network meddling in the goings on of the network users.

Your idea has been spun a few different times and a few different ways on this forum and I’m not for it.

The closest thing we have to base your idea on is a social totalitarian government and we all know how that works out right? Sounds good on paper, in reality it sucks balls unless you’re the roof perched rooster and even then you gotta have morals like The Prince of Darkness to actually enjoy it.

When thinking about ‘artists’ (they are referring to them as producers in this community now btw) anyway… you gotta remember that some producers are app developers and some app developers are producer but not all producers are app developers (wait, I think I got that right).

So take a guy that writes a blog but he also knows how to design a website and do all that jazz right? We he would be considered an app developer in SAFE terms. So he’s going to rewarded regardless. But what about the guy that writes a blog for another guy who runs a blog, what about that guy? And this is where the idea of the network coming up with features and management solution’s to sort through all this fails.

Most of the content online is on user-generated content sites like YouTube, Facebook, Reddit, Imgur, Twitter etc, much like this very forum in fact. We the users AKA ‘producers’ AKA ‘artists’ are creating the content for this website. This very discussion alone. So how the hell would you manage that? You can’t and you shouldn’t try to as the network.

This is up to the app developers, site owners and their producers.

I want content producers to be able to earn from their content just as much as you do and in this thread I layed out an idea PtP Suggestion - Lets Discuss my idea was rough as guts but the crux of it is that YES indeed content generators should be paid but the network should have as little do do with it as possible.

My idea got hacked to pieces because I didn’t think it out correctly and rightly so, but…there is still merit in the thinking behind it IMHO and of course I am biased. But specifically the parts about the app developers being incentivised by the network to offer their producers a solution…hmmm.

I am all for any method that pays the producer, just so long as the network is not behind it because it will not work.

And I am happy to be proven wrong. There is a bottle of scotch on it to anyone who can prove me wrong :sunglasses:

2 Likes