Legal ramifications for PtD (Pay the Developer) feature in the SAFE protocol

By your logic taking a breath is intent to participate in a world that indiscriminately supports evil actors. Every breath you exhale contributes a tiny fraction to the air a criminal inhales. The money you pay in taxes is given to the government knowing that it’ll eventually fall into the hands of a terrorist at some point. Government have knowingly given money to criminal organizations. Knowing this, we still participate in the economic system.

So many systems would be at risk of legal liability if your logic had merit. A building supporting your weight for instance can be argued as form positive environmental feedback. Supporting your ascension to the office you will possibly destroy. All of those who created and sanctioned the development of the building knew it could be used as a platform for terrorism and yet construction proceeded. Those who populate the building know that the building has the potential to support the weight of a person who would leverage the environment to carry out an attack.

Road makers know that a criminal will be psychically supported by the road during the transport of illegal goods or doing something illegal (smoking weed, running stop lights, hitting a pedestrian). This is especially true of high crime areas that regularly fill pot holes.

Guns are created knowing that some will be used for crimes. Am I held liable for purchasing a steel pot that will eventually be recycled and contribute a gram of steel to constitute the gun that was used to shoot up a school?

Recycling plants would have to be shut down immediately as they provide material to the community without regard as to how it will be used. What about 5 cent bottle refunds? Is it not possible to recycle and get paid for a bottle that held poison used to kill a person? Knowing this, why was this funding instituted?

State funded farmers feed everyone indiscriminately knowing statistically that some will reach criminals.

The welfare system funds people knowing their is a statistically high probability that a criminal will be funded. Are tax payers guilty of the crimes commited by these criminals?

You see where I’m going with this. Think broadly. You really mean to tell me that a situation LIKE PtP or PtD is unprecedented? If you do then I’d say your scope is fairly narrow. I know you’ll nitpick but please answer the last question. Let’s not waste precious time scoring minuscule points.

1 Like