Lecture 1 - The SAFE Network from First Principles (crowdfunding)

really make easy to understand, combined with this article of David Irvine, thanks good work!

2 Likes

Great job guys, I sent some bits your way and can’t wait to see the progress you make on starting the montreal pod!

3 Likes

Donated the surveilled way… feeling dirty!

2 Likes

hope ending soon, can’t wait any more Lol

3 Likes

Need to put this thread up, the donation seems ceased recently. up up

2 Likes

Between bitcoin address and the cc processor - it appears to be more than 1,000 combined which means this campaign’s goals were acheived, Looks Good.

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

@hjyuan1986 and @dallyshalla, thanks for maintaining interest and spreading the word!

We are not there yet, we refunded 200$ in Bitcoins that were resent as 500$ for the sponsorship option. We are now at around 850$ which means we are 150$ short of the tilt goal (1000$). We will talk with Nick to send a second mail/blog post/twitter post to MaidSafe followers with the preview of the Lecture 1.

I think I already covered most of people in my personal networks to send the campaign to so if you guys know other people that might be interested in the lecture and contributing to the campaign, your help in getting the word to them will be infinitely appreciated.

2 Likes

10 peeps, 15 dollar each. Should be no problem :smile:

Keeping assets in three piles is cool;

cash, bitcoins, safecoins

@erick

Accept MaidSafeCoins?

Let me see with @frabrunelle . My original personal goal was to be able to pay for regular expenses that show up when preparing these videos, such as rent and food, so having more liquid assets was better. But if all contributors agree that a significant contribution in MaidSafeCoins should count towards the tilt amount, I guess we should accept it.

I know that when I convert some expense money from usd to maidsafecoin I could end up with more; so the last funds to spend could be those, as had happened this week :wink:

Unless you are having just only sunken costs.

Both @frabrunelle and I are flexible at the moment and most of the cost we spent was the time for preparing everything so it would not too much of a problem, but, personally, I would like to have the SAFE pod in Montreal be self-funded in a way that can pay for my regular expenses and get extra money to route back into my lab for other students. If we get extra MaidSafeCoins on top of that it sure would be great but it is important I do not depend on it. Anyhow, @frabrunelle is willing to handle and use them at the moment so that should be good for the first lecture.

1 Like

we reach the titled…when the lecture can release? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just checked lecture 2 snippet, extremely good it will open many peoples eyes to how we have done this Excellent work, huge proposition with nearly zero research materials available on the Internet, so brilliant.

1 Like

I sent you an email with a link to Lecture 1 a little more than an hour ago. Did you received it?

2 Likes

I also sent an email to every supporter of the campaign. Message me if you didn’t received it.

The full video of Lecture 1 will be released publicly at the end of the campaign (in 13 days). If you would like to watch it now, please consider contributing to the campaign.

Here is an excerpt of the full video:

Let’s now reach the target goal (2000$)! :grinning:

2 Likes

Well done guys. I got the link and looking forward to my privileged viewing!

This is a fantastic achievement by all of you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Which snippet? I have not released anything yet about the second lecture. There might be some confusion here ;-).

1 Like

My bad I was meaning lecture 1, sorry for the confusion, I figured xor was 1 and the next one was 2 :wink:

2 Likes

Oooh yeah I said I would donate more, I totally forgot.

But I just did

Cheers & keep up the great work

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like