Launcher with multiple languages

Scroll up on this link:

https://github.com/iancoleman/safe_launcher/tree/alpha-i18n#adding-translations

Choose “clone or download” and get the .zip-file. extract that .zip and go to the map like this:

App > translations

Look for a file called: template.json. That’s the one you need. Use a little program like Notepad++ to open that file, insert all the translations and safe the file as ru.json and get it to @mav. You should be good that way :+1:

This is a screenshot of the Spanish translation in Notepad++

3 Likes

Here’s a direct link to the file: template.json (right click and save-as)

The easiest way to submit the new translations file is to

I’ll update the instructions in the github repository with these simplified steps.

5 Likes

Russian Translation for Launcher Ready! Was few controversial phrases, but in total I think translation is fine. In the future I can correct if needed. Some phrases should be seen in working app to get if they translated correctly. And I translate from English to Russian much better than I am speaking English, just for info :)) Ooops, can upload just images here, so get file from Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4xDyVzu0DSZQkhLZDdDX3FpMXM

6 Likes

I did Dutch translation a few days ago and @mav will add that one as well to the next release. So upcoming version should see at least 2 new languages :grinning:. Someone one Bitcointalk is working on a Hindi version.[quote=“frabrunelle, post:9, topic:11843”]
For SAFE Authenticator, we are starting with internationalization support right from the start. We will have to keep adding the language files into the locales folder and the addon should be able to pick them up from there: https://github.com/maidsafe/beaker-plugin-safe-authenticator/tree/master/locales
[/quote]

Let us know if you need any help. If we get a list in .json we’ll translate to as much languages as we can. It sounds a bit small, but translations are so important. Facebook only took off in the Netherlands when people saw the website in Dutch. It really really helps to grow a community. We should be on the forefront in the crypto community when it comes to translations. Especially because we do have very nice user friendly interfaces :+1:.

10 Likes

So far I’ve only heard of having the launcher and other apps translated. Are we going to get translations for the website as well?

If that happened in Netherlands where everybody speaks fluent English (that’s my understanding at least from the Dutch people I met) imagine the big barrier there is in other countries in this regard.

5 Likes

Dutch and Russian added to Safe Network Launcher v0.8.0-ML5, thanks @polpolrene and @alphabet

Download v0.8.0-ML5

Languages include:

As I suspected (and why I love to test Russian) there is a minor layout issue with the tab width in Russian, but nothing to worry about for the short term.

I’ve removed MacOS releases since the app breaks when downloaded from github; hopefully those releases will be back up soon.

Was hoping to get Hindi in this release, but maybe next one!

10 Likes