Launcher with multiple languages

New version released

Download v0.8.0-ML2

Languages include:

Thanks to everyone involved.

10 Likes

Hopefully we can get more people involved in the project and with more translations that’ll mean more dev support and more funding of the project.

2 Likes

Glad to be able to help out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is so great, such a great community effort here, much needed thing, hope to see it on authenticator and maybe the browser and maybe eventually all SAFE apps that are open source.

Thanks to everyone who’s putting work into this, this is really how SAFE gets into the hands of the whole world!

1 Like

Hello! Is there a file to translate? I can try to do it for Russian if needed.

7 Likes

Hi - the instructions are here:

4 Likes

This is a direct link to the file containing phrases to translate.

My personal favorite language to test is Russian because it tends to take up much more horizontal space than any other language. I’m interested to see if it breaks the layout!!

3 Likes

The difference between “Secret” and “Password” is really awkward to translate.

2 Likes

I can be literal about it, but really I wish the PIN was back to make it clearer without any further explanation.
The word “secret” is even bothersome to explain in English.

2 Likes

There will be many authenticators / PIN option alternatives after launch :slight_smile: in time

I just sent a PR for Spanish version.

I translated “Secret” to what it would be “secret name” in Spanish, I guess that helps the user to understand what to choose as the account “secret”.

6 Likes

Español ibérico, mexicano, neutral o rioplatense?

1 Like

Just neutral, or at least that’s what I attempted.

Thanks @bochaco

New version is out with Spanish language added

Download Alpha Launcher v0.8.0-ML3

Featuring the following languages:

10 Likes

@mav, I noticed that translations are not working 100% on the dashboard and logs tabs. Do you know what’s happening?

2 Likes

Oh no github is driving me mad :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I tried to upload ger.json but it wouldnt let me so I think I created a new file but now its all red and green. Did it work?
Oh it should be renamed to de.json

3 Likes

The logs and charts use the react framework, where the rest of the UI uses angular. Getting translations working in both frameworks simultaneously was more work than I was willing to undertake, so just the angular parts (ie the majority) were translated.

2 Likes

Ah, it’s this file on github: ger.json. The red formatting is caused by a trailing " on L53 which leads to invalid json. Removing the extra " will fix it.

I’ll merge your changes in, clean the json up, and make a release with German included. Thanks very much!

1 Like

New release with German included.

Download Alpha Launcher v0.8.0-ML4

4 Likes

Can not understand where is the file to translate, I am not familiar with github. If somebody can just send me file to translate I will try to translate it to Russian and send it back.

1 Like