I have launched a new community network with vaults from home. It is based on the code of last week Maidsafe IGD test and has the same limitations: no browsing yet, only one section, no possibility to become an elder and a vault can only store new created chunks.
To try to avoid the same fate, I have deactivated free balance creation. User wanting to add data to the network must ask @Traktion or @neo for a safe key containing 0.000002 coins. Once again, they have kindly accepted to manage the keys.
Only forum level 2 members can apply for a such key. This process is very similar to the invites system used in first community network.
The value seems small but in fact it allows 2000 put operations which means potentially 2GB data upload. In comparison this is twice the put balance allowed in Alpha 2 and first community networks.
When a user is given such a key he can create an account paid by the key and log to this account with following commands:
./safe auth create-acc --sk <given key>
./safe auth login --self-auth
Users wanting to read data don’t need to create an account. Same for user wanting to provide a vault.
The vault and the cli are provided in both source code and binary form. Binaries have been generated for the following targets:
- Source code: https://github.com/Thierry61/safe-vault/tree/eb493741c951f10a980aa889426909fcf4f29fb9
- Binaries: https://github.com/Thierry61/safe-vault/releases/tag/sv0.7
The command line to launch a vault is
./safe_vault -h '["N.N.N.N:5483"]' -vv
- Source code: https://github.com/Thierry61/safe-api/tree/b110787652f7ed3e5e252f92338094bfc057701c
- Binaries: https://github.com/Thierry61/safe-api/releases/tag/sv0.7
For the CLI to work, content of
~/.config/safe_vault/vault_connection_info.config must be set to
In both cases
N.N.N.N must be replaced with any value from the following list:
(no preferred IP address is specified to avoid a concentration of requests on a particular vault)
Note: The main modifications of my fork compared to Maidsafe repository:
- removal of free balance creation (as mentioned above)
- removal of all forms of auto-update (to avoid exe being overwritten by the wrong one)
- change of quic-p2p cert (to avoid mixing up vaults and networks)