Joseph's Safe Websites Project

Here are some polls you can give a go while waiting for the Dev Update (this will probably run until Monday).

Here is a quick rundown of each of the options:
Web Directory would be like an online phone book of safe websites where people can sumbit there website link if they want people to access it.

Safe File Manager would be a much more UI focused and friendly version of the safedemo it would also have the ability to publish websites directly on the safe network instead of having to use the web hosting manager, and would make use of the NFS functions .

Safe Tube would be a user-submitted video catalogue where you can upload and view videos.

Maintain Safe Chat would be me making improvements to Safe Chat by adding more features such as choosing a default css with a config file, implementing free instance instances (handy to see how to do it for developers) and possibly more.

• Safe Web Directory
  • Safe File Manager
  • Safe Tube
  • Maintain Safe Chat

0 voters

Now on to the second poll documents on coding, the safe API and the safe network with another quick explainer of the options:
Rundown of my code would be going through my code and explaining what and why I wrote the functions like they are.

Rundown of the safe API would be going through some of the functions I use most in the safe JS docs and helpful hints developers can use when developing.

Rundown of the safe network would be looking at the safe network aimed at a beginner and would give an overview of how it is different from blockchain technologies and how it works with close network consenus.

Rundown of both would be aimed at developers who haven’t heard of maidsafe or the safe network before and would look at the absolute basics of the network and the api.

Blog/Text vs Video
Video would take longer to do and I only have a earphone mic at my disposal so it might be a bit hard to understand what I am saying, that being said videos are usually a lower barrier to entry than reading a few pages of documents and it would it will be easier to point to in a post. I can also show what I am doing on screen and use visual cues instead of just pictures.

Text would be faster than to make than videos and it is much easier to translate text than to add subtitles to a video. It also can be updated more easily if something is wrong or becomes deprecated and is also a lot easier to reference instead of having to look to specific part in a video and remembering its time. Text can also include pictures as substitute for video and in most cases that will be good enough.

• Rundown of my code
  • Rundown of safe API and hints for developers
  • Rundown of safe network/API
  • Rundown of safe network

0 voters

• Video
  • Blog/Text

0 voters

I am still looking at possible methods of monetisation but for now I’ll stick wtih the donation system for the moment.

2 Likes