Hey guys, here are a few of the issues I’ve found so far (Tested on Ubuntu 16.04 and Windows 10):
- The documentation at http://docs.maidsafe.net/safe_app_nodejs/ declares the module to require as “safe”, however the actual module to require is
- The documentation at the above URL is showing version 0.5.1, but the repository is currently up to 0.6.0, the documentation should be updated to reflect any changes.
- Using Node V7.10.0 (the required version by the package), executing the example code in the documentation throws several of these errors:
DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code., requiring node to be ran with the
--no-warningsargument for readable output
- When meaningful errors are thrown by the application, it’s not possible to receive them because
\@maidsafe\safe-node-app\src\native\_system_uri.json line 32 throws a reject with
result. The code
return reject(makeFfiError(err.error_code, err.error_description));should be
return reject(makeFfiError(result.error_code, result.error_description));according to the declared variables within the function call.
Installing on Ubuntu
- Manually resolving this issue gets me the actual error thrown by the promise
Could not execute xdg-openwhich seems to be a debian program for opening processes - I compiled my app with a development
NODE_ENVso I should have all the dependencies (or should be told off when installing devDependencies for not having the
- After installing this with
sudo apt-get install xdg-utilsit works as expected
Installing on Windows
- I have MVS2015 C++ build tools and Python2.7 installed
node-gyp rebuildtool you’re using causes errors to be thrown during installation on Windows 10 in PowerShell, I got the following error before MVS2015 C++ build tools were installed:
MSBUILD : error MSB4132: The tools version "2.0" is unrecognized. Available tools versions are "4.0".and the following error after it was installed:
MSBUILD : error MSB4132: The tools version "2.0" is unrecognized. Available tools versions are "14.0", "4.0".
- The errors thrown during
node-gyp rebuild(correctly) cause the
@maidsafe/safe-node-apppackage to refuse to install, as such I’m unable to do any meaningful development.