Isnt dangerous that programmers arent(?) anonymouse?

When network will be started (but not finished to 100%) and if it get hype, then programmers will be arrested because anonyme network etc (like person that created own currency in USA), change my mind :smiley:

1 Like

hello crypt idiot!

this is a valid concern BUT there is a big but(t)

maidsafe is doing it completely legal, like there is talks how to include filtering of the content so the safe network will be legal in every juristiction

5 Likes

I just hope the team have some good lawyers on standby because if/when it launches and works the way itā€™s supposed to their lives will probably get turned upside down.

2 Likes

donā€™t worry, it wonā€™t happen in your lifetime.

Is this a serious answer? Was liked by @dirvine ? No more encrypted network of freedom?

I definitely hope we didnā€™t lose the ā€œPrivacyā€ and ā€œFreedomā€ of the MaidSafe motto, and such opt-in ā€œfiltersā€ are just encouraged to be put in place at the app levelā€“like how Reddit has moderatorsā€“but also able to be turned off since weā€™re all adults here.

Read the forum archives for the past 2-3 months and you will see this has been well-explored.

Could you help me with a link, idk what to search for

Start here - or maybe at the top of that thread.

1 Like

Thanks, this is what I got from that (made this image to help visualize content filters)

I might have messed up where SAFE is in the stack though?

1 Like

The network sits on top of TCP & UDP. The network uses them to communicate with the data link layer to move the packets across the physical network

5 Likes

Would be interesting to see someone write or draw a correct version of my picture above then

2 Likes

It would be like a picture of the web.

Http servers (our nodes) running on top of udp->tcp->quic (evolution of web) and running TLS1.3 or HTTP3 (as we are)

Then HTTP Clients speaking to those servers.

The bigger difference is how our ā€œserversā€ are instead autonomous nodes on an autonomous network. i.e. they just run and connect to each other, and operators donā€™t know or care what the nodes do and store. They only care they work and earn tokens for them.

The tech stack/structure though is a really simplified thing and we donā€™t need all the OSI type layers. We did those in the past, but in all honesty, they just mislead folk.

7 Likes

Thank you Mr Irvine

5 Likes