Is there a complete idiots guide to buying maidsafecoin?

I found this. Explains every step.

https://buymaidsafecoin.info/

In Australia you can join Coinspot and buy Maidsafe directly. The commission may be a bit higher than others but the convenience factor is good for non techos like me. Once you have bought it, you can then transfer them to a private wallet address or leave them on Coinspot if you are happy with all the risks there appears to be re hacking.

1 Like

I dunno. I have done reasonably well using it. What’s 13 cents Aud when Safe is $50 plus

1 Like

I also have a basic question here. I am based in Saudi Arabia and the only means of buying bitcoin I have found is to buy bitcoins through Localbitcoin and then transfer the money to an exchange and then buy Maidsafe coins. It’s an expensive process. It wasn’t an issue before as I was buying with small money.

However, now I’d like to invest with much larger amounts. It turns out my father has an US bank account (We are not US citizens). I am not sure if that changes anything, but is there an easier and safer process? Thanks for any help or guidance in advance!

Based on the answers above. I guess my question can be boiled down to if I can buy bitcoin with a US bank account, if I am not a US citizen?

He should be able to open an account with coinbase or something, but MAID does not yet trade for any fiat pairs, so you have to go FIAT-BTC-MAID anyway. I suppose buying on coinbase is quite convenient, but the fees aren’t that cheap either.

Thanks @Jabba, I’ll definitely try out that route, much appreciated!

1 Like

I haven’t read this thread. But I haven’t heard people talk about the site that I will mention below.

So generally speaking, you want to buy Bitcoin before you trade for Maidsafecoin.
To buy Bitcoin without going on Localbitcoins (which IMO is going unfortunately downhill, gets very slow, and doesn’t even list my advertisements anymore, for whatever reason that I don’t care to figure out!), I’ve used a website called BitQuick a couple times in the past year or so. I like how you can immediately post an amount.

I do not know if it is generally endorsed or if I should wholeheartedly endorse it myself. I have not used that Website to buy Bitcoin; I have only used it to sell it. There is an option to buy. I imagine it works.

Since the cryptosphere is changing so radically extremely rapidly, it’s good to keep on top of the way that all these crypto-websites operate their businesses. Thus I especially can’t yet fully endorse this website at this very moment.

However, I have an order set up right now, that will hopefully allow people to trade with me, and put $ into my local bank in exchange for the Bitcoin that I have set up in their automated escrow. It will take until the morning for this to happen. I’ll edit this post with my successes.

So yeah, obviously once you have Bitcoin, you can easily get Maidsafecoin (as probably detailed in this thread). I just wanted to let BitQuick be known, as it does not appear in search results on this forum.

I had a hell of a day even trying to trade crypto. Localbitcoins like being in Hell, earlier today.
And then suddenly I remember BitQuick, which I’d had great success with in the past.
[But it was already evening, and no banks open.]
We’ll see if it continues being good.
(I’m not sure if it’s operable for every country. It might be?)

There was a similar website that is a complete and utter scam. I don’t even remember its name (ekcash?). I tried to call their support number, and it was some Southern fella’ ranting about how people keep calling him. I still feel bad for him haha. I told him I would try to help him out. I don’t even know what I was thinking when I said I could help in some kind of major way. (All I can do is retell this story.) But anyway, that was not BitQuick.

1 Like

Hello Guys,
Warm welcome from Poland to everyone. Thank you very much for a great explanation, even for such a nob like me it became understandable. My problem now is that only reccomended exchanges offer MAID are Bittrex and Poloniex which both require verification, unfortunately shepeshift and changelly do not offer MAID anymore. So any advice I could buy it somewhere else with BTC?

I’ve used https://www.coinspot.com.au which works without verification if you are just exchanging BTC for MAID. Doesn’t appear to be a minimum amount either, which is another useful feature.

Fees may be a little higher than the others though.

Jim

This is a little more complicated that aforementioned methods but read along…

I would advise people to Buy LTC from coinbase. transfer the LTC to HitBTC, Sell the LTC for BTC. Buy MAID with BTC.

To avoid all of the super high transaction fees associated with moving Bitcoin.

As of yesterday it cost me $16 to transfer BTC from coinbase.

HitBTC doesn’t require tons of verification, And using CoinBase to buy LTC rather than BTC will eliminate a lot of unnecessary fees.

If you use my referral link to signup for Coinbase and spend $100, both of us get an extra $10.

So…

NOTE! On HitBTC you can only sell increments of 0.1 LTC. So if you end up with 0.12 LTC you can only sell 0.1 LTC. You will be left with 0.02 LTC on HitBTC! so make sure you plan for this! (Notice the amount of LTC you purchase on CoinBase!!)

I ended up sending 0.16 LTC to HitBTC and then had to do a bunch of extra stuff in order to get rid of the 0.06 LTC, so plan accordingly!

Step 1: Signup to Coinbase.

CoinBase

Step 2: Buy LTC.

Step 3: Signup to HitBTC

Step 4: Withdraw LTC from Coinbase to HitBTC.

Step 5: Sell LTC on HitBTC for BTC

Step 6: Buy MAID with BTC

Step 7: Withdraw MAID

HI everyone, I transfered my maidsafe coins from omniwallet 48 hours ago and it still didn’t arrive… i am beginning to really worry. Did it already happen to one of you? it says that transaction is unconfirmed… how is it possible after 2 days…? thank you

here is the transactions detail Blocktrail

182.105 sat/B will take awhile. You can see that most transactions that are confirming at the moment are 750+ sat/b. https://bitcoinfees.earn.com

Edit - please don’t post the same thing in multiple places because now I see I’ve wasted my time as others have already replied to you in another topic

ok thank you very much…

@drehb I noted, won’t post in several places. Can you give more details about what you told me pls? my transactions is 182.105 sat/B ? how can you see it? and when you say awhile what do you mean, a week?
thank you in advance

If you look at your transaction ID (Blocktrail) you can see a fee/kB or as it is usually computed satoshi/byte. In your case it is 182.105 satoshis/byte. At https://bitcoinfees.earn.com/ you can see which transactions are almost immediately picked up by miners. At this moment those are transactions with >930 satoshis/byte (sidenote: wow, it has risen a lot in one week). As you can see your 182 is a lot less than 930, so it can take a while before a miner picks up your transaction. Next time you send maidsafecoins and want them quick, send a fee according to the values you check on that website.

EDIT: On Blockchain.com Explorer | BTC | ETH | BCH; you can check the unconfirmed transactions worldwide at the moment, so no wonder the fees are this high to get a quick transaction. It’s possible you will have to await your maidsafecoins a lot longer than 2 days :grimacing:

3 Likes

50 to infinite minutes according to the fee estimation site that I linked to. It may never confirm…it all depends on how many transactions people make and what fees they pay. I think the default behavior of the Bitcoin core client is to remove unconfirmed transactions from the mempool after 2 weeks, in which case it would be like you never sent the transaction. Some wallets have a feature that allows you to increase the fee in an unconfirmed transaction, but I’m not sure if omniwallet has this.

thank you all really now I understand. We talk about 22k maidsafe so I really hope I will be able to fix this… I will see if I can increase the fee with omniwallet.
@drehb: After 2 weeks if my transaction is removed, it means that I lose my coins or that transaction is cancelled and I get them back in my wallet?

I think they should come back into your wallet. The transaction isn’t really cancelled, it’s just removed from the mempool of the most popular Bitcoin client. Other clients may keep the transaction around longer. It is a valid transaction and could complete at any time until you spend those coins sometime in the future (for example with a higher fee transaction), at which point the transaction would no longer be valid.

1 Like