Is the transition from MAID to eMAID part of the reason for the low trading volume?

Greetings!

I am conducting research on token liquidity. Maidsafe stuck out to me as having low volume compared to peer tokens of comparable market caps. I am wondering if the transition to eMAID from MAID has at least some role to play in this. It seems going back a few months the volume was relatively high, however now it has decreased dramatically. It would be great if someone could shed some light on this.

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

I feel sure that could have added to it.
Bittrex’s invasive and hard to satisfy kyc also doesnt help.

2 Likes

At least part off the reason for the low volume is that many who have MAID are long-term hodlers and will not part with any of their MAID (or eMAID) until the network goes live and truly large profits can be taken.
Those who see MAID as simply another token to be gambled with have mostly been shaken out now.
So unless there are willing sellers, there can be no volume.

5 Likes

I’ve not had the ability to access Bittrex since December due to their crazy kyc requests. I can’t be the only one. Looking forward to trading some eMAID

2 Likes

Yeah, low volume seemed related to current exchanges being more difficult. But that creates the need for eMAID in the first place, so it’s basically both. It’s been several months since the excitement for eMAID’s prospect started. Speaking of that, I wonder how that’s going along!

3 Likes

So far ~1.3 million eMAID have been minted. I checked in on the DEX listing process earlier today. Right now Altcoinomy is gathering the necessary amount of USDC & eMAID to seed that liquidity pools.

12 Likes

Interesting times ahead :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do we know if this will be a L1 pool or on one of the L2 options like Polygon, Arbitrum etc?

Will the pool launch time be announced before hand?

I’m so excited :smiley:

5 Likes

@SwissPrivateBanker may be able to address these questions.

3 Likes

Also interested in hearing that answer