Is shared vault working?

I gave up on using the shared vault because of connection problems a week or so ago and have been using a local vault. I now want to publish an app on the shared vault but am still unable to connect.

I’ve re-downloaded the latest ~/.config/safe_vault/vault_connection_info.config to be sure I’m up to date, but I’m always getting an error:

safe_auth --daemon 41805 
Secret: 
Password: 
[2019-10-07T15:28:43Z ERROR safe_auth] safe_auth error: Failed to log in: CoreError(Request has timed out - CoreError::RequestTimeout)
6 Likes

Hi @happybeing yes my apologies we noticed it was down earlier today and were doing some research into why before putting it back online, with the reason for the delay being so we didn’t have to restart it more than once within a few hours, generating a couple of different config files & potentially confusing people with which one was the latest.

We’ve investigated it over the course of the day and know what the issue is, but it’s not something we think we’ll be able to rush out within the next few hours so I’ve restarted the shared vault and have uploaded an updated vault_connection_info.config file to GitHub here

Will post about this updated config file in the original vaults release post as well so others following that can find out about it.

6 Likes

Still not working for me.

I’m able to log in after updating my local config to that new file - are you getting the exact same error with Request has timed out - CoreError::RequestTimeout? or are you getting something different such as SndError(NoSuchLoginPacket)?

Is it failing when you are running ./safe_auth or at a different step?

Ah spotted something @happybeing , gimmie 1 minute & I’ll upload a new config file :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same error. Following your reply I have downloaded it again, copied to ~/.config/safe_vault but the timeout still happens:

safe_auth --daemon 41805 --config ~/safevault/shared-vault.json
Warning! Storing your secret/password in plaintext in a config file is not secure.
[2019-10-07T16:00:43Z ERROR safe_auth] safe_auth error: Failed to log in: CoreError(Request has timed out - CoreError::RequestTimeout)

Also just tried with and without VPN just in case, same result every time. Strange. Just made sure I don’t have a save_vault running too. :thinking:

Have updated a slightly modified config file - had left a rogue local IP in there so hence why it was working for me & not you :see_no_evil:

Let me know if that works

5 Likes

Bingo, working now. Thanks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.