Is Safecoin Money?

12 Easy authenticity checks: safe://, nrs, upload, farming, tx fee and account/SAFEkey creation

4 Likes

I watched a video the other day of a guy gold coating coins.
I’d be careful buying anywhere other that a long standing reputable dealer.

2 Likes

12 Fair value
13 Stability
14 Market :billed_cap:
15 Accepted by AGI :robot:

3 Likes

I like the cut of your jib, but the only thing that money needs to be is backed by demand. Yaya divisibility etc… but demand is really the thing. Fiat solves demand via taxation and has an undeniable advantage there. Gold does it via a long history and supply restriction. Bitcoin via strict supply control and speculation on how demanded it will be in the future.

SAFE is interesting as money, because it has attributes from both bitcoin and fiat. Fiat in that it has a base demand that comes from not taxation but from the demand for secure, uncensorable, and private data. It is undeniably money, we just have yet to test its mettle. The stronger the demand for those attributes in data storage, the stronger SAFE will be. I personally have a strong bet on SAFE, I think the combination on offer here will be very enticing. But network effects on e.g. BTC and ETH being accepted as a currency for other secure data solutions, (data for cash can be banned so doesn’t compete here) is a legit competitor (I personally believe all other competitors have flaws).

2 Likes

A fine thread, worth reading through from the OP I think.

I will do so later. Probably before I gorge on @Warren’s recent rant TBH…

1 Like

I think in the age of AGI, that money will be backed by computational resource. I ask an AI to code up Youtube, on the SAFE Network, it does that within 1 second. When you think about it how many people and hours that would take, not to mention money, it gets pretty clear that this is a different game. That’s why I reward it a nano, which is valuable for it as computer resource.

AGI is the filter in the SAFEconomy that makes fiat or everything else obsolete. Like it would pay 7x in tx fees to send you or an exchange fiat and risk that fiat getting frozen (only humans play those games and win those prices).

Maybe spam could have been solved with a $0.01 bank transfer, as far as I know :robot:s don’t have bank accounts, might have triggered a free bank accounts as a basic human right and a wider distribution of the dollar. Captcha does have book translation and computer learning as plus, but our Turin tests are increasingly loosing out.

The new :bread: & :wood: system :joy: starts when AI is on the SAFE Network. When a smartphone and internet are your only requirements, it gets pass the banks, govs and sanctions that would limit the $0.01 spambot approach above. Currency control and AI shutdowns on clearnet, are clear as day, why AGI won’t be on our current internet unless decentralized.

Fiat or everything else will keep existing for humans, like a pope in a puffer jacket. If America had the higher intelligence to make it’s currency the reserve currency, I bet on AGI having the higher intelligence, to make computational money it’s reserve money. I even feel pretty SAFE to say, a human population won’t outsmart/number an AGI population.

1 Like