Is it true that Maidsafe isn't likely to launch until the latter end of 2018?

It’s very hard to say but I think we’re at crucial stage right now which will determine if this is a small number of months away, or somewhat longer.

If Test 12 works as planned, MaidSafe will hammer through data chains, data republishing and node aging, and when that’s working I think we’re very close: test Safecoin, and that is expected to be simple.

So the question is how hard are those things I just mentioned. I think they are relatively straightforward (and I mean that in contrast to an immensely challenging task) compared to routing and all the other bits that, fingers crossed, are falling into place with Test 12. But, they are still quite complex and could throw in a few unexpected challenges and delays. I just think that these issues are unlikely to be on anything like the scale that MaidSafe have had to tackle to date.

So IMO, Test 12 could be the point where things really start to fire and we begin to see progress building up and suddenly…

Nah, I’m not going to say it. Because I’ve been wrong every time I’ve said it so far! So take with a dram of whisky but I’m optimistic, and bightng nails a bit over Test 12!

12 Likes