Is it possible to mine for MadeSafe yet?

Is it possible to mine for MadeSafe yet?

Welcome to the forum @Vilius_Butiskis

You will never be able to mine MAIDsafecoin. Nor will you be able to mine SAFEcoin when it exists.

MAIDsafecoin was a fixed issuance.

SAFEcoin will be “farmed” which is entirely different to mining. People are rewarded SAFEcoin for supply chunks of data that were previous sent to their vaults. They are not paid for storing but retrieving (valid) chunks when requested.

SAFEcoin does not exist yet and is likely to be tested during beta testing. We are on the verge of alpha2 tests.

4 Likes

Sorry for mixing mining with farming. I’m only 2 months old Crypto world verse :slight_smile:
So “farming” is also not yet available until beta?

4 Likes

Correct, they need to implement Safecoin first (Safecoins are created when someone delivers data to the network). They also need to test algo’s for that.

Welcome to the forum btw :+1:

3 Likes

No problems. I find it easier to ensure people know its not mining but farming SAFEcoin. For many crypto “veterans” the concept of farming is so foreign that they assume it must be mining.

1 Like

Is there any newsletter I could subscribe to know when this alpha testing will finally end?

The dev updates that come out every Thursday (Scotland time). Look in the Development category

The latest update is less than 24 hours ago.

1 Like