Is anyone else having problems with Omniwallet?

When I log into Omniwallet, it doesn’t show my BTC or MAID balance. Just says ‘loading’ and and shows a 0 balance for everything. Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

Hi @metoo

It might help to click on the other tabs also and after that go back to the balance page. But this happens regularly when I go to omni.
:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Always use chrome since that is what its reported to be written for. Things don’t always work with other browsers.

A number of times when opening my omni wallet it doesn’t load properly and thats because its not omni doing the work but your browser collecting the info and displaying. Any hicups and it doesn’t display it all perfectly.

3 Likes

I’ve been having the same problem using Chrome

2 Likes

I’ve tried clicking on the other tabs and also using Chrome, Firefox and Opera. None are working for me.

2 Likes

Trying it now and one minute later it still just says “Loading…” after signing in (Chrome)

1 Like

Can’t wait to be rid of Omni…
Anyway, run Omni Core and you won’t have to worry about it.

2 Likes

Lol, one minute isn’t that bad. I’ve been trying all day. I wanted to sell some coins when the price was 0.000238. Argh!

Thanks! I’ll look into that.

1 Like

Its still “Loading…” some 15 minutes later now. <— just confirming its a widespread problem

2 Likes

Something is slowing down the site. Would love to know why. I opened a support ticket on Omni desk and received a response from Adam of Omni that they are looking into it, that was a couple of days ago. I haven’t heard anything back yet./// Everything loads it just takes 20 or 30 minutes at the moment.

1 Like

That’s not good… What happens if omni wallet goes down?

We all lose maidsafecoins?!?!

1 Like

There’s no reason to think any MaidSafecoin are at risk.

They are recorded on the blockchain, so even without OmniWallet a system could be coded to allow the owner of those coins to sign them over to their Safecoin wallet on SAFEnetwork.

5 Likes

That’s if you have backed up your wallet in the first place.
I mean, some people are using omniwallet but have never backed it up. They don’t have their private keys. Or they think their passphrase is their private key, which is not right.

5 Likes

First rule of cryptocurrency club:

• If you don’t have your private keys, you don’t have your coins.
14 Likes

From Adam at Omni in regards to the sluggishness…

“Yes we are working on it now. Right now it appears the initial login is taking several minutes to complete”

1 Like

Omni is a protocol, independent of a web wallet implementing that protocol. Omni core client would still be working right now, despite the web wallet issues.

1 Like

This cannot be repeated enough. Having your private keys at hand makes Omniwallet going permanently offline an annoyance, but you will always have your coins. Always. This is VERY different from an account in a bank where is counterparty risk, bail in risk, government confiscation risk, being part of a debt based ponzi scheme risk, etc. Also it is very different from cash in a matress, that can get lost when the house burns down. There are several risks with crypto too, but I wanted to emphasize why your private key is important. It’s why you joined the crypto community, after all, right? To be your own bank, cut out all the middle men that take a slice of your pie, and get rid of several counterparty risks.

Not having your private key makes your move to crypto kinda useless, if I may be so straightforward…

6 Likes

Is the private key same as the omniwallet passphase?

If you go to the overview page on Omniwallet and select the backup wallet option you will recieve the private keys as a json file.

5 Likes

Update from omni,

Adam wrote:

“We’ve pushed some updates this morning that should improve the overall performance of loading wallets.”

3 Likes