I don’t know if people in this community knew that https://basicattentiontoken.org crowdsale was today, but it was a successful one. $30 M raised within 1 hour, “The Basic Attention Token is the new token for the digital advertising industry”.
Funny enough for the past 5 months we’ve been working on our own self-serve ad platform. I don’t got a whitepaper for our project, heck my team is not even working full-time on this project, but we do got a working app. Most of these crowdsales are just ideas and whitepapers that raise millions. Moreover our project works just fine for now with bitcoins, but eventually this project will live on the SAFE Network.
Nothing is more damaging for investors than waiting months/years before code is reality, if at all.
Look here to see our ad platform (please turn your adblockers off or you won’t see it, background images are ads):
http://plimst.com (click on the logo to see our team) (I can create a silent video of how the ad platform works later (my audio is bad) investors can also get access to the app, I’m just afraid that the aws cost will get to high)
Look here to see how it would work on a publishers site (please turn your adblockers off or you won’t see it) :
I love simple and working code and especially to give something that might be of interest. A presentation of how many billions of $ float in the ad industry is not super interesting IMHO, but to dig deeper in what our ad platform does. It’s basically a platform that pays out ad money to every internet user with a founder account. With this token advertisers, publishers and internet users can receive ad money whenever an ad is placed on the platform.
We actually want to do a mini crowdsale of 10000 tokens, priced at 420 Maidsafecoin each, so that our team can work full-time on this project.
Why sucha high price?
Basically because we want to do a quick crowdsale and immediately start to work full-time on our project, we rather be working on code for our project instead of code for a crowdsale.
So what do investors get for this hefty price?
First access to new features, your token will have the value of 3 hours of advertising on our platform and you’ll start to receive ad revenue, while we work on features and a better design. This mini crowdsale is just our first and will be followed by a second to a larger crowd. The second crowdsales token value will just be 1 hour worth of advertising, but will enable users to receive ad money as well. At this moment we don’t got advertisers and the first tokens won’t be on an exchange (our priority is improving the app and reach our goals set below).
What will we do with the money?
- Fork the Brave browser and create a second SAFE Network browser, this work will be outsourced to Gigster.
- Integrate SQRL into the browser, (I have little faith in keyboard input as a login method) this work will be outsourced to Gigster.
- Create a Rootstock based smartcontract for the app, this work will be outsourced to Openzeppelin.
- Improve our app, the current ad models are pay-per-click and cost per thousand impressions, we got three new models on top of this. (I can’t talk about these three models until we have working code).
- Server costs (please SAFE Network appear quick)
- Start a SAFEpod in the Netherlands.
Future of the founder account
- After the second crowdsale, all newly created founder accounts revenue goes to whoever is already holding the token.
- People who can’t afford to buy the token will have the option to get it in exchange for computing resources.
- If you don’t got computing resource you can optionally sell your data to advertisers, if even that is not possible maybe people should just donate it to you.
- Owning more tokens doesn’t mean that you’ll receive more ad money, so don’t be fooled that the rich get richer, everybody deserves a basic income and people need to stop being greedy.
Future of Plimst
Plimst will be an app that is being owned by the users, my company will NEVER be in control of users data. When we launch on the SAFE Network you can copy the app and use it however it fits you, let’s not turn publicID’s into the new centralized points to access our data. If you don’t own the app you don’t own your data. All blockchain assets related to Plimst will be turned into mutableData asap and others also. hihi
If investors are interested please let me know, your feedback is needed.
If there is enough interest I’ll get the paperwork done and within a month we’ll start the mini crowdsale using Omni tokens, thanks.
BTW Plimst is actually from the SAFE Network podcast with Ben, it’s the original 3 data types: