Introducing SAFE Wallet app

Glad to see Anita back! Faucet’s working for me though yet.

1 Like

@JPL, so do you have a wallet which public key is “grwesdadada” ? that error seems to indicate it cannot find it.

Yes, I created public/private key in safewallet.wow. Another error occurs with a webID
2018-11-05-205609

EDIT, oh hang on I didn’t create a thankscoin wallet - doh.

Yes working now!

3 Likes

Cool, just to be clear, the other type of item you can create in the wallet app for Pub/Priv keys is not related at all with the ThanksCoins wallet type, you don’t need the Pub/Priv key item, those are for storing random key pairs, let’s say you have some bitcoins so you keep the key pair there.

6 Likes

Send me some Thankscoin bro’s and broina’s! Pub address: nigel.nick

1 Like

tx

3 Likes

@bochaco I have to admit I’m a horrible person and I rated your app multiple times for Thankscoin. I also left my pub key/WebID in the comments. I’m despicable and slightly ashamed.

6 Likes

This is already possible, just add more items of type “Password” to your wallet using the + button located in the top menu (well, or add any of the type of items you want). There will be other type of items in the future for sure, like WebIDs :wink: .

The SAFE Wallet app source code is now available here: GitHub - bochaco/safe-wallet: SAFE Wallet: Easily accessing your personal items privately, safely and globally

7 Likes

Hi, I have log in the browser. How can I use applications? I mean, I have downloaded wallet from github, but don’t know where to put wallet files. There is no exe file to open it or something like that. If you have some instructions or advise, I kindly ask for help.

2 Likes

You didn’t have to download the wallet, assuming that it is still on the network simply go to safe://safewallet.wow through whatever the current official browser is.

That wallet you downloaded is just the source code, ask bochaco if you want to replicate the app.

(Can you tell I haven’t been on the network for a while?)

2 Likes

OK. I deleted it. If I try to open site in current browser, it opens in Safe browser. I think this is OK, but Site doesn’t load, it is loading, but it doesn’t finish.

Sounds like you haven’t logged in. You need to create an account and log into the network first.

1 Like

Actually I have logged in.

1 Like

Oh OK fair enough. Maybe the site is down. Are other sites working?

EDIT: Just tried it and am getting an authorisation error
EDIT 2: Authorisation succeeds when I “toggle experiments” (3 dots icon far right-hand side)

2 Likes

ahh yes, it’s now depending on the experimental APIs as it makes use of he WebIDs for the ThanksCoin wallet, I’ll try to make some enhancement in the next few days so it works in both cases, perhaps just disabling the features related to WebIDs when experimental toglle is off.

@Baker, take a look at the following to know how to enable the experimental API, then it should work all fine:

8 Likes

Just FYI, I just published the changes so it works regardless if the Experimental APIs are enabled/disabled. If they are disabled, then the features to link a WebID to a ThanksCoin wallet is disabled, and it’s not possible to transfer ThanksCoins to WebIDs either.

7 Likes

Perhaps this is no longer the proper place for the app, but I couldn’t find any other information at the moment. I go to safe://safewallet.wow on the mobile browser (latest Android version), and am seeing

‘Application not authorised. Access authorisation was revoked, the app was disconnected, or it lost the connection to the SAFE Network. Please press the (power) button to connect again.’

I try pressing the power button, and nothing happens. I am authenticated to the network and can see other Safe websites if I go to their addresses. Am I missing something?

5 Likes

The mobile browser only supports static websites atm, not apps, so the wallet and anything connecting to the SAFE APIs won’t work.

6 Likes

Good to know. Thanks!

5 Likes

moreover @wydileie , I think you are the first one to try the SAFE Wallet app on mobile! I was planning to eventually work on it as IIRC the UI wouldn’t render correctly on mobiles, it’s good to know you at least were able to load it!!

11 Likes