Introduce yourself

Intro to Tiger Kaovilai

Hi folks,

A SAFE novice.

An Industrial Engineering and Computer Science student at NC State.

I have been following crypto networks that I can use to capitalize unused resouces I have such as a desktop computer for awhile.

I hope to learn a bit from the network here.

Thanks.

You can learn more about me at kaovilai.pw

26 Likes

Hi Everybody!

Greetings from La Paz, Mexico, I’m software developer and lover of technology.
I started to develop ~30 years ago!! , I’m really curious about the safenet…

22 Likes

I’m Roz.
I have been interested in crypto since an unspecified point in time that I don’t feel like disclosing because that is private. Prefer to lurk, but that just won’t do with something like this. I don’t want to simply witness but actively be part of such an ambitious undertaking. Just the few thinkpieces I came across have me fascinated and of course I immediately had to seek it out.
I’m still in college for computer work that is related but I don’t feel like disclosing because that is private. I was originally going to major in Philology.
I look forward to full immersion into Maidsafe in the future, although I don’t feel like disclosing a specific point in time because that is private.

18 Likes

Hello to you !
I got interested in MAID a bit of time ago. Only on the network sinc e a few months. I am here to support the project, and to talk about MAID prices. Hope you all have a great day.

25 Likes

Hi, I’m Mike Pigott. I’m a member of The NextWeb NYC Meetup Group, where we’re exploring different projects to rethink the current architecture of the web. In two weeks, I’m giving a presentation on the SAFE Network, and so I’m here learning more about it! I’ve enjoyed the YouTube videos I’ve seen so far, and I think I have a handle on most of the architecture. This is a really cool project!

28 Likes

Hi all what’s up ! New here to the sAfenet and excited to get started !

18 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Johannes and I found this project just today and am very excited about this. I’ve been researching blockchain technologies lately (mostly Ethereum) and learning about Dapps. I’m a software development student and looking for technologies to use in my upcoming semester project. Looking at traditional blockchain tech and trying out Dapps with Ethereum, I realized the many downsides. Then I found this :slight_smile:
So I’m very excited to try it out!
Have a nice day everyone.

28 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Upcoming semester project

I’m Stoyan from Bulgaria. I found an advertising leaflet about Safe network and here I am. I will be reading about this project and soon I hope I will know more about it. I would like to test the network, make a website or two if this makes sense :slight_smile: and if my knowledge is enough. If not, well I can start learning what ever is needed form ground zero.

33 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Boots on the Ground - Alpha 2 campaign

A post was merged into an existing topic: Boots on the Ground - Alpha 2 campaign

My name is Nicholas Amos. I just learned about this project by listening to tomorrow’s episode of the Future Tense podcast, and I’m very interested in what’s being done here. I’ve been interested in computers since I was a child, especially since I spent the first ~10yrs of my life without touching one, so I can appreciate the value they add to society. I can also appreciate what they’ve taken away: Certain degrees of individual peace and privacy. But, that’s only a fault with their current implementation, which is why we’re here. I’ll enjoy watching how this unfolds.

24 Likes

Hi my name is Ray and I have always been interested in computing. Over the last couple of years my computing interest is in the balance between convenience of a product and it’s privacy. I also am interested in products that are completely offset environmentally and any environment restoration projects. My work is in corporate IT and a charity that help build schools around the world because education is the key to many social improvements. I hope to learn more about this system and what it can offer consumers of the internet.

23 Likes

By the way I am a freelancer from USA. I have a daughter and big Labrador.

15 Likes

Hello, anyone! I am Alan Shelton. I am a sailor and military from Germany. I became interested in bitcoin only two weeks ago. I was very busy and stupid until this time. And now I don’t know if it makes sense to invest in bitcoin?

18 Likes

Hello, it has been interesting reading the other introductions here. I program in javascript, python, html, css, c# etc. Currently I am working on a web based graphic app using svg and canvas. I am interested in concurrency and have dabbled with trading and using APIs to bring together exchange/currency data to keep track of investments. I live off-grid in the Australian outback with my dog usually sleeping on my feet while I code, waiting for me to get up and explore, chop wood or check the fences that keep the kangaroos out of our vegetable garden. I find the idea of a decentralized internet fascinating and am looking forward to learning more and building apps that run on the safe network.

35 Likes

I’m Luke Van Der Weiden, i work in IT as a network/server tech, but i’m more a sales person than anything else these days. I’m self-taught with no official qualifications, but don’t tell anyone.

I came her looking for alternatives for Burst mining. I’m always keen to try new ideas, and I’m testing Storj as well - whichever one works best for me and my setup is yet to be seen…

28 Likes

My name is Frédéric Darnel, teacher in Desktop Publishing, Prepress and Printing, Graphic and Web Design, in Colombes, France, near Paris.
My particular interests are digital-learning and the way new decentralized Internet technologies, like blockchains or SAFE, could be used in this domain.

Greetings.

24 Likes

Hello. My name is Christina Bottego. I am based in Brooklyn, NY. I run a small web-based record shop which publishes a zine (or attempts to publish a zine) that in part explores things web 3.0, especially decentralized tech as I believe it will have a tremendous impact on culture, politics, economics, etc in the years to come. I’m enthusiastic about bolstering any decentralized tech, and can’t wait to dig in on safenetwork. Thanks all!

29 Likes

HI
I’m Hamish. I’m a pharmacist in AUS/NZ, and I’m interested in using the SAFE network to store decentralized/secure data for smart contracts.

27 Likes