Introduce yourself

Hello EveryOne, here i am new and so much excited to participate here at https://forum.autonomi.community/
My Name is Linda and work in a book store and and i love to watch Movies and playing games…

29 Likes

Hi, my name is Simon Lucy. Having not quite discovered this at the end of a set of twisty passages I am interested in a lot of the concepts behind Maidsafe/Safenet still more interested that it is ^blockchain and that the data is held in the network itself.

That provokes a lot of questions but this isn’t the place for them and I need to do some more reading first.

23 Likes

Hi, I’m Peter Barnes, a retired IT professional. I started in IT in the early '70s (that’s 1970s…) and have watched with endless fascination as Moore’s Law and people’s ingenuity have taken us from punch-cards and paper-tape to where we are today. My professional background is a bit like the industry - varied. It ranges from real-time, experimental, custom hardware, equipment control through modelling, data analysis, to application development, operating systems (V7 on PDP-11, and up from there), experimental distributed systems, telco software, startups, intranets, and testing. I was an early user of Usenet and the early email systems, and was tremendously excited by the introduction of Mosaic and HTML. I’m disturbed at the current abuse of information and identity that’s happening online, as some of the web’s greatest possibilities are abused for commercial gain, and I hope that Maidsafe and other initiatives will keep it safe and useful. I don’t know whether I have any skills to offer, but I would be interested to contribute.
Peter

30 Likes

Hi I’m Jason. I have completed my Computer Science degree and am now doing an Honours course in Computer Science. In this honours course I am doing distributed computing and computer and network security. These 2 combined got me interesting in looking into decentralised internet (along with watching Silicon Valley :stuck_out_tongue: ). I really like the concept of MaidSafe and the safe network and I believe this is definitely the future of the internet and would love to contribute to development if I can.

23 Likes

Hi ScottieWabbit here, I’m nobody special compared to a lot of skilled individuals in this topic. I first heard about MaidSafe a few years back through a reddit link. I was quite astonished about this ambitious project being developed by a small team in Scotland and hoped it would do well in the future.

Now up to speed in 2018, I am very proud of this team and what you have accomplished so far and wanted to share my congrats and wish good luck on this projects future. I’m quite interested to learn a little more web development to get me closer into the technical industry and contribute something of value to MaidSafe community and the project although not too certain where to start.
(if you do, please send me a message!)

21 Likes

Trust received thus trust given

My name is John Daniel and I have recently gained the first trust level with this forum, so I believe it works both ways, and here’s how I have ended up at this place. I learned about Bitcoin back in 2012, really as a form of payment, plus the bitcoin badge on a website made it look hip. This then led me down the bitcoin path onto the blockchain, then crypto currencies, content creation (Steemit), decentralisation and now SAFE. I found out about Maidsafe just by researching and keeping my ear to the ground about this new emerging world, and then began my belief in the SAFE team’s vision. The concept is ground breaking and has opened my mind, so much so I wrote an article on my Steemit account about the network being the next big thing, and purchased a bundle of MAID tokens. Having been on this personal journey and understanding that this is the beginning of a new era for the whole world, the future is SAFE.

Link to my Steemit account plus recent MAIDSAFE post

The best things come to those who wait and patience is a virtue.

Or so I’ve heard. It’s been 10 years in the making and I’m a full backer of this project, well as much as I can. My programming skills are outdated (90’s pascal) making me redundant on the technical side, but I have found a new lease of life with my hunger to learn, so I’m bringing myself up to speed in the hope of contributing to this in the future. So for now, I’ll continue to keep my ear to the ground and let the everyday person that I meet know that they are MAID for SAFE.

Go SAFE team! :star_struck:

35 Likes

Hello, my name is Luis. I have been looking for a space where I can learn more about decentralization. In 2015 I learned about crypto currencies. I went from investing to learning about cryptology and encryption. I was amazed when I found out that there is more to this than the price.

22 Likes

Hello, This is Dinesh. I am a Mechanical Engineer who is keen to learn more on the topic of decentralized internet. After watching the latest season of silicon valley, I have developed a keen interest in understanding the possibility of decentralized internet and also believe wholeheartedly that this is definitely the future. And so, here I am to learn more and help in anyway I can to make this a reality.

22 Likes

My name is Jeremy i believe in decentralized internet and wait for it. I before this year didn’t know that cryptocurrencies can help in that. Well i’m Monero miner.
OK will not use more the Bold.

20 Likes

Hello there, i am a programmer, website builder, designer, creative director, and i really want to know more of safenet. i really think this is great and can be usefull to do some great stuff.
thanks to creators and hopping that i can do something good for all of us.

18 Likes

Hello. I am not a technical person and don’t understand computer coding at all. My interest in the SAFE project is based on a desire to see more fairness in the world. I hope that the idealism and big dreams of the early Bitcoin community can be realized within my lifetime. I would definitely like to see a paradigm shift that turns the world on its head. The power and influence over our lives exercised by large corporations and a few wealthy elites is very frustrating. I want to be a part of anything that has the potential to move humanity away from the kind of centralized control that most of us seem to accept as the norm.

26 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m a material engineer from Italy and I’ve been in the crypto space for almost a year and a half. Maidsafe was one of the first projects I learned of but I’ve only now decided to register after reading something about PARSEC.
I hope to learn many new things in this forum.

24 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’m Pierre Chevalier.

I’ve been lurking here since 2014, but never actually introduced myself. I work for Maidsafe since March 2018, as a rust programmer in the routing team.
If you’re interested in a bit more background, the blogpost I wrote when I started is still pretty relevant.

So far, I’ve really enjoyed being a part of the MaidSafe team. Working with such brilliant and nice programmers, it just feels like everything is possible :smiley:

43 Likes

Hi, I am Hugues from Belgium. I know safenet and Maidsafe quite a long time but never took the effort to go further in depth because other crypto related interesses and tasks. So I forgot almost. Today I decided to resume. So here I am. I would like to participate in the safe network. Hope I will find some help and support here.

22 Likes

Really excited what the Maidsafe Team created so far. To be honest, the SAFE network was completly under my radar, but I recently came across the PARSEC implementation. The long fundamental story, as well as the idea behind the project immediately caught my attention. It is a pleasure to be on board now and I am looking forward how I can support the project. I will now start to spread the word about this exciting Project. I keep my fingers crossed the vision will come true…

25 Likes

I’m recently retired (early fifties) and finally have the time to return to my first love which was/is designing games. I used to program them back in the BBC Micro to Amiga 500 days. Then I stopped in order to do other things. I’m a self taught Java programmer and have recently finished getting to grips with LWJGL. I’m very interested in the creative potential that distributed gaming offers and I’m researching SAFE and PARSEC as being a viable technology for my interests. I also believe strongly that the internet needs to become decentralised in order for it to fully realise its potential for intellectual, political and economic liberty. I may be barking up the wrong tree but it is at least an interesting tree to bark up.

23 Likes

My name is Philip and i am not really an IT person nor i have any experience related to IT and programming, however i have dreams about game designing, website coding, programming, as well as becoming professional linux user, i wanna use arch linux

i am 23 years old and was born in poland but i live in england at the moment and have lots of free time i spend for using my laptop.
professionally i am a drummer and play music, but not being active at the moment.

it’s nice to see how many professionalists are here and i discovered safenet by accident just went into hexchat on my linux fedora and noticed safenet channel so i was like oh safenet something for me and then somebody told me about this thing and this is how i registered and it’s really interesting topic to me

hope you all having a nice day

28 Likes

Hi everyone,

my name is Pavel Chmelar, from Czech & Australia. I developed my first website at the age of 15, then created a custom B2C e-commerce in PHP/MySQL, later wrote a bachelor thesis on WCMS topic with new interface proposal and after a move to Australia where I was leading the IT evolution of the second largest distributor of organic products. Currently, I support local business while seeking / creating my next opportunity.

I got introduced to cryptoworld at the end of 2015, developed custom arbitrage app and lately I have been educating myself and researching on new related technologies. Listening to a book “The age of Cryptocurrencies” brought me to SAFE and being a developer, designer and environmental carer, I would love to see how far the limits can be pushed for this project.

I am happy to connect with other people and contribute to a better future for us all.

27 Likes

Hi everyone, happy to be here. I hope my english wont hurt your eyes lol. My name is Zak.
Im not a dev, prog or someone who has a lot of knowledge on tech/internet stuff, im a social worker.
I will quote what @Steven_Klausmeier said because he said words that i’ve on mind and because my english isn’t fluent lol.

Anyway, i want to be part of something big or project that can at least put seeds on people’s head and start making them questionning about unfairness there’s. Even if cant help you by programming stuff, i want to move forward for the freedom of humanity and help you, Unfortunatly, i would love to say more but i will all the the moment. btw i can speak/understand EN/FR/PT
Thanks for reading, Zak. :ship::globe_with_meridians:

27 Likes

Hey folks,
I’m Brie - a man of few words, certainly on here, where I’m checking in regularly because the project looks great, and I’m here to learn and absorb what I can.
I’ve been lurking for long enough now, so thought it time to say howdy.
Keep up the good work guys!

28 Likes