Introduce yourself

Hello I’m John - I’m not a highly technical person myself, but I teach English to a lot of undergrad software and hardware students. I’m more interested in the points where art and philosophy mix with tech…for example projects like the p2p foundation Institute of Network Cultures and Fair Coop.

23 Likes

I’m Dave. I am far from a tech-savvy person, but I am interested in cryptocurrency and the idea of decentralization. My interest in cryptocurrency is what led me here and the more I looked into the idea behind the SAFE network, the more impressed with it I have become.

I believe that there are many great things about the internet, but I have become increasingly concerned with the amount of control that is being exerted on it by corporations and governments. The idea that a corporation can and will limit my access to certain things becasue they are not owned by that corporation is greatly off-putting.

I hope that the SAFE network becomes a firm reality and I hope to be apart of it.

20 Likes

Hello there,
i’m Riccardo Giuntoli writing now from Barcelona, Spain.
Just focused in this community while i was just surfing the web.

In the PAST i was the owner of a nice WISP, with 3500 customers.
Now i’ve returned to my real passion, security and privacy.

I’m a unix lover from the age of 12, i’ve got 37.

If i can help in some aspect or i can do something for you, just write me.

Nice regards,

25 Likes

Just saying im a new user.really like this service and cant wait to start using it. really looking forward to people getting to next alpha

19 Likes

Hi there, my name is Nat and I’m a writer/game developer (website here). I guess I became interested in SAFE because as far as I can tell, it’s the real-life version of the Pied Piper network in Silicon Valley. Am I wrong? :stuck_out_tongue:

Mostly self-taught as a programmer, I tried studying Computer Science in college for a year but found it unfulfilling because the community wasn’t diverse at all. With my academics veering more towards the humanities, I want to make sure I stay technically up to date by exploring new technologies like SAFENet.

24 Likes

I’m happy to learn of this crypto. Hope to add something to the ongoing development. Just saying hi, too. Need to get to the next level here! LOL

16 Likes

I’m James.

I am just researcher and small investor. I am just looking at things how they works and how they are engineered. I am curious to know about this MaidSafe and SAFE network in detail.

#Maidsafe #safecoin #maidsafe

16 Likes

Hello,
I’m here to give a try with this project.
My 1st goal is simply trying to run a test node in order to get an idea about the thing.
Practically, I want to do that with a VPS. Hopefully it’s possible ?!
I’m currently browsing the forum to learn myself.
Cheers

16 Likes

Hello Maid Safe! I am late to the crypto-currency forums and markets. Is it 2018 already? Still a slow adopter, however your project caught my eye as one that has great potential value to users and developers. I am eager to explore the many facets of this particular crypto-project and hope to see it developed further and of course adopted by many more. :sun_with_face:
Is it truly possible to keep everyone’s data safe and under user control? We shall see…

13 Likes

I’m Kovel. This technology seems to promise a lot of liberatory potential, especially in keeping corporations out of our info-sharing systems. At this day and age, technological revolution seems to be a great propeller of world history. I’m interested in learning more.

18 Likes

Hi I’m Jaydubberu, here to learn, MaidSafe appealed because of its egalitarian and Safe network. Looking forward to more reading and a greater Understanding.

17 Likes

My name is gabyansyah, im college student from Indonesian. Im interesting with the concept of Maid Safe who wants to make The Internet become independent zone.

Also im privacy enthusiast. Just it, thank you and sorry for my english.

23 Likes

Hi,

My name is Jeremie, I am a 25 years old french technician in telecomunication very interested in blockchain technology, decentralized/distributed network. I’m not a programmer but i have some basic about a few language ( HTML, CSS, PHP, JAVA … ).

I’m very excited by the safe network and will follow and probably be a farmer if i can one day.

21 Likes

Hi, new here love learning about distributed technologies using spare resource so nothing is wasted. It is the way of the future and I am keen to learn more about it now before it passes by.

18 Likes

Hello, i’ve been lurking around here for a few months now and really excited to see the progress of the project. It’s crazy how far the team has come. Really happy to be part of such a great project and community.

16 Likes

I am Pushparajan from India. Went through some video presentations and loved the way true internet must be. I used to be fan of technology behind BitTorrent and now the whole internet pictured this way amazed me. I am an excellent C++ developer who is very much interested on distrivuted systems. Eveb my master porject is around it. Love to see true Web 2.0 ontology application on the safe network so that the search on this network gives really useful results. The idea of mining your private data is no more with big corporations made me even more interested. Waiting for my token to test the SafeBrowser.

17 Likes

Greetings,

My name is Matt and I live in St. Paul, MN, US. I’ve been involved in the blockchain industry since 2012, first in buying Bitcoin, then mining for a bit, then Ethereum, then assorted startups such as Ascribe and Colu (as a user and dev, not someone with position). I got into Solidity development 18 months ago, and have been developing in that and Python/Tensors for about 3 years.

My whole life is in this space now. I just started a Podcast called Makers of Chains, which is both educational and satirical take on the industry. A purely educational platform which’ll cover the industry from an architecture, development, and scam aversion framework, and finally, working on my personal DAPP projects. The biggest one is a Blockchain as a Service, with Smart Contract Protocols managing a series of executions. The DAPP is to reverse engineer human resources into a completely open, immutable system where all employees see varying value in their performance with each other, rather than middle-management determining value. Also, by varying metrics of distribution, differing scarcity tokens are issued to employees, which performs a few innovations 1) creates an open market-place for Paid Time Off; Sick Time; Unpaid Time Off; etc where employees can buy, sell, or trade their time resources amongst any other employee as they see fit. 2) creating a holocratic/flat/agile environment where staff openly vote on priorities of projects to reduce needs for meetings. & 3) to create an open, censorship-resistant history which is represented by way of tokens for staff to have the power to purchase their own promotion, to further enable the power of an open, merit-managed/leadership managed system, replacing the opaque, bureaucratic, and often times slow process laid in the hands of human resource divisions, which is innumerably responsible for employee retention cycles.

Maidsafe could indeed be a core utility to help myself, and support others, with their long-term projects in this industry.

19 Likes

Hi, I’m Matthew. I heard of Maidsafe a while ago and joined more recently. I’m interested in peer-to-peer based hosting systems, since that seems like a great benefit to independant media publication, preserving web sites that would otherwise get overwhelmed by traffic, fail from lack of maintinence, or get motetized too aggressively in an attempt to manage the former problems. Safecoin doesn’t seem like a bad idea, but I’m glad it’s more of a side-effect of how the Safe Network is meant to load-balance itself, rather than being the primary function of the network.

18 Likes

Hi, I am Simone. Doing a PhD in distributed data storage. I joined the forum to know more about MaidSAFE, in particular about its underlying model and architecture.

Cheers!

23 Likes

Hey, I’m Tyler from Buffalo City, NY. I’m a pharmacist and affiliate marketing enthusiast. I have a huge passion for food, hate to stay in comfort zone.

13 Likes