Introduce yourself

A post was split to a new topic: The cryptography used in SAFE

Hi, Iā€™m Duncan. Iā€™m a C++ developer from the UK but now living in Portugal. Iā€™m just starting to get into crypto currency and thought this project looked interesting.

19 Likes

Hi Iā€™m Ron a retired professional engineer. Been around since early days fo personal computers and have become increasingly dismaied at the degrading quality of content on the internet. There was a time when you could find great stuff created by real enthusiasts. Its still there just burried under mountains of comercial drival. Have thought for some time that a decentralized web one that cannot be used to turn the users into a product to be exploted and milked might be a cure. Hope safenet is the beginning of such a system.

17 Likes

Rodney Volkmar here, first Computer was a ZX80, I still think the Amiga was the best system ever made, Loving Linux distroā€™s these days, Jack of too many trades in Real Life, Builder, Graphic Artist, Web designer, Hair Stylist, I think they call it ADD, I like to do things I enjoy and learning new stuff, this winter I roofed my house, built a chicken coop and a Pyramid Greenhouseā€¦
I am an Idea Guy, Clever like a Monkey, looking forward to the InnerNet being active, for now safe internet will be nice. I dream of People owed Banks and 24 hour voting systems, A president that is the voice of the people. I live in a Unique multi Religious/Spiritual area in Colorado

21 Likes

Hi :slight_smile:

I registered a couple of months back, but never posted an introduction post. So, here it is :

I first heard about Maidsafe thanks to @JayBird, I basically have no technical background but I loved the idea very much, and love it more and more. I have a degree in cinema but I donā€™t know what to do with that, so Iā€™m learning to code because itā€™s a lot of fun, and hopefully in a couple of months Iā€™ll be able to work on small dev projects (not sure if frontend or backend or both, for the moment, still a loooot to learn!!). I wish I had started coding a couple of years ago, so I could have applied for a position at Maidsafe in India hehe :slight_smile:

Half of my savings (itā€™s not worth much haha but still) now is in Maidsafecoin, because I believe the Safenet will launch and when it does we can finally start the revolution. :fist:

Apart from that I live in a reasonably sunny part of France, I like cycling, and I spend quite some time on this forum.

20 Likes

Iā€™m William D. Richards and Iā€™m a Science Fiction and Fantasy authorā€”my current series is Aggadeh Chronicles with two books released and roughly three or four to go. Considering the nature of my work, Iā€™m always forward-looking, seeking out new ideas and concepts.

I learned how to program using BASIC on an old Digital mainframe, my first computer was a Timex-Sinclair 1000, followed by a used Apple //e. I taught myself assembly programming on the 6502 and then C not long after. Add to that C++, Fortran, Forth, PHP, Python, etc. Admittedly, since leaving the high technology field I havenā€™t done much programming other than as a little exercise to stretch my brain when I want to take a break from writing.

Iā€™m a staunch proponent of IPV-6 and look forward to the day when it completely replaces IPV-4 as the standard of network communication on the internet. And that brings me to look at SafeNet as a way of further protecting the privacy of people using the network and thus enhancing its usefulness. When the foundations for what would eventually become the Internet were laid, the creators did not anticipate the phenomenal growth and impact it would have on the world as a whole. For this, there are a lot of holes in this communication network that need fixing. I look at SafeNet as a possibility in this need.

20 Likes

Hi. I am Subramanian. I believe I am in the first 0.1% of people to adapt to the changing world of blockchain powered technologies. Looking forward to what all barriers this technology can break. I HODL a few under 1 dollar altcoins in my wallet. I like mining new altcoins with low difficulty. Even though the value is less, I like to HODL large number of coins than holding a fraction of a coin with high rate.

Would love to test Safenet

16 Likes

Hello World (0.0-0^0) https://giphy.com/channel/drwho![Dan2|300x300](upload://nwBTdKezBp7FWDdzetRot7OiyJQ.gif)![Dan1|

12 Likes

Entrepreneur turned fiction writer here - although todayā€™s literary market means writers are just entrepreneurs with fewer rewards. I never got along well with authority and Iā€™m just aghast at what has happened to the Internet I was promised. Iā€™ll never forget the excitement and pleasure of my first google search. Donā€™t Be Evil was a central tenet for them, and Iā€™ll never forgive them for betraying that. As a former resident of the Bay Area, I have felt and witnessed the unimaginably destructive effects of the kinds of wealth that centralized internet creates on local communities, and I believe a more equitable society begins with a decentralized currency and communications network.

Itā€™s terrifying that there are adults who with no memory of a non-corporate, uncommodified internet.

23 Likes

hello all
WP here, artist, broadcaster, tec, Londonā€¦

nice to be hereā€¦

17 Likes

hi my name and Tiago Neves Rodrigues, I currently live in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil. Iā€™m a fan of technology currently working with the development of virtual store sites, Iā€™m currently mining some coins per GPU and others for ASICs, I also have servers running Sia and Storj where there will probably be a Maidsafe node soon. I believe the Maidsafe network is a major breakthrough against censorship of governments or any other entity. Sorry for the English. I will be part of this community here in Brazil.

21 Likes

Iā€™m Bob Stammers, working in programming and systems since the 1970s, an enthusiast for open systems, Iā€™m keen to learn about maidsafe and may well be able to contribute to its development.

18 Likes

Hello all, I am Brennan. I am an undergraduate student in computer engineering and math at the University of South Carolina and working as a robotics research assistant. I read about this in a Guardian piece and thought it matched my ideals so here I am. Iā€™m hoping to help work on this to provide a free and secure technological future.

23 Likes

Hi! my name is Ruben,
I have been sneaking around on this forum for some time and I thought it was time to introduce myself properly. Iā€™m a student industrial engineering in The Netherlands and have been following the crypto world for quite a few years. I first read about MAIDSAFE on some forum and was fascinated by their vision! After a few years of putting only money into crypto Iā€™m looking to get involved in a different way. Iā€™m not a programmer, so Iā€™m still figuring out how to make my contribution to the project :slight_smile:

16 Likes

well ā€¦ first of all, i am so glad that I can be between such amazing people I read some of the comments above and wow some people have such dynamic erotic lives especially with technology, programming stuff.

My name is Mohamed or Joe I am from Egypt, I donā€™t have any programming or coding skills although I always dreamed to be one, I love AI and data science, I am real life accountant but I donā€™t really know much about it, I am blogger have a couple of websites.

how I got here I read a lot about technology, gadgets

17 Likes

My name is James @jamesatsafe . My profession is software engineering. Am interested in bitcoin. am hoping that MaidSafe will be a huge success and I am looking forward to contribute to it.

16 Likes

My name is Arthur Rommes from Amsterdam ( The Netherlands )

Organizer of the Amsterdam / Netherlandsā€™ MaidSafe:

And Co-Founder ( since December 2014 ) of the Bitcoin Embassy Amsterdam:

An Association of not only Bitcoin enthusiasts but above all (aspiring) Blockchain Professionals ( so various Blockchain and Crypro-currency projects including Maidsafe / SafeNet meetings ).

We frequently receive foreign visitors and facilitate speakers and organize events.

Also checkout our website: BitcoinEmbassy (point) NL for more information.

We are located very near the Amsterdam Central Station and refer to this location as the Bitcoin Embassy Amsterdam.

Should you be visiting Amsterdam do not hesitate to send us a message ( so we can meet you ) or alternatively feel free to join our Bitcoin Embassy if you like to stay connected !

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Arthur Rommes

21 Likes

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon. I live in Ontario, Canada. I was directed here by Coincentral. I believe out of all of the crypto news sites they have the most filtered. Its so nice to see that there is a current and active community working on improving data storage where the competition is lacking.

To be honest, up until today I gave up on the whole idea of decentralized data storage because some of the ā€œothersā€ just donā€™t seem to be heading in the right direction. I have some hope again and I look forward to supporting this community however I can.

I am not a developer and I have no way to contribute to the technical end, however I would like to promote as much as I can.

17 Likes

Stay at home dad from the Chicago (USA) suburbs! In December, I happened to come across a year old ā€œTop 5 cryptos for 2017ā€ article that led me here and Iā€™ve never left. Iā€™ve been inspired to learn coding, but if I could only decide which one :man_shrugging:t2:

19 Likes

Just joined the forum. Iā€™m new to the subject but this project seems really interesting to me! I like the idea.

16 Likes