Introduce yourself

Hi, I am Sanju, from India. I am a statistician, came to know about SAFE network just 3-4 months ago. I just got hooked up seeing the potential.

20 Likes

Hello everyone!
I found out about the Safe network a couple of months ago and invested a little bit in the NVO crowdsale and some MAID. Iā€™m a linguist by profession, but I spend a lot of time ā€œgetting back to basicsā€ on a small island in the Gulf of Finland (with a decent internet connection) fishing and taking care of a few chickens. My most valuable possessions are my boat, my guns and my computer. The chickens are half wild, so they own themselves really. I just try to keep predators away from them and they reward me with eggs.

Oh, good stuff! I just earned the second trust level. Well, now you know about my chickens anyway.
Cheers! :smiley: :chicken:

32 Likes

Hi everyone,

I am a 20 year old university student, in the United States, studying Philosophy, Economics, and Sociology. I stumbled across MaidSafe after a few months of research and investment in Ethereum and other altcoins.

My dad and I have always discussed the need for a new internet. He told me if a potential company is trying to do just that, hop on in.

Iā€™ve been lurking for a few weeks now, and I am incredibly impressed by the companyā€™s workplace philosophy. The community, too, is incredibly open and committed, which shows the seriousness of this endeavor! While I donā€™t have any technical experience, I hope to support this community by asking important and necessary questions. Furthermore, I am incredibly interested to see how the Safe network (and blockchain, too) disrupts governing and hopefully enhances the life of the common person.

Hopefully, the SafeNetwork and its community can help my goal of enriching the impoverished and marginalized through the combination of law, technology, and policy.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

29 Likes

Iā€™m Fangchen from China. I go to school in the U.S. I have background in physics, EE, and programing. I look forward to get involved in this project.

24 Likes

What a diverse array of people! Iā€™m a psychology researcher and tech enthusiast. Living in Australia. Donā€™t normally read or contribute to forums, but I heard about this project and wanted to show my support for the project in some way. Always wonderful to see a dedicated group of people tackle a ā€œbigā€ problem, rather than just make little changes around the edges. Great stuff.

22 Likes

Hi all,

I am very new to Maidsafe as I joined the team here as Office Manager on Monday. I am a complete beginner to SAFE however I plan on spending the first few weeks/months brushing up on my limited tech knowledge and gaining a better understanding of all things SAFE (wish me luck :D)

44 Likes

Hi everyone. Iā€™m an academic financial economist that discovered Maidsafe in mid-2016. I invested during the BnkToTheFuture equity round and am eagerly following the networkā€™s progress. By far the most exciting project Iā€™ve discovered in crypto space. I canā€™t contribute much on the dev side but spreading the word to all!

22 Likes

Hello I really do have a pug called Arthur, who will celebrate his 15th birthday in September. Besides that ā€˜my given name is Dickie, I come from Billericay and Iā€™m doing very wellā€™. I am an ex-BBC reporter and currently press officer for UK crypto Britcoin. I invest in various alts incl. Maidsafe and mine Monero, Burst, Nexus & BTC. Iā€™m based in London and plan to visit Troon later this summer to see your setup as I have friends Iā€™d like to visit in Glasgow. Looking forward to re-assigning some of my Burst drives to Maidsafe once your network is up & running.

16 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Continuing a conversation from ā€œIntroduction topicā€ since that topic doesnā€™t allow it

Iā€™m a React Native app developer excited to make some apps on the SAFE Network. Iā€™m just trying to come up with some ideas how to beginā€¦ :blush:

21 Likes

Hello everyoneā€¦real name is Brian, currently residing in Central California USA. Am approaching retirement from the TV broadcasting industry (& a few years as an aircraft ā€œA&Pā€ mechanic). Have been interested in/have held cryptocurrencies for a few years nowā€¦always looking for a crypto with a better blockchain structure and ā€œminingā€ paradigm. Bitcoinā€™s current block size and transaction scaling issues and Bitcoin mining methods passed me by due to hardware & price per Kwh considerationsā€¦even my solar energy mining rig didnā€™t cut it anymore. My search brought me thru the ā€œdistributed computing for researchā€ reward coins (FoldingCoin, Gridcoin, CureCoin)(still mining those) and then ETH (oops the ā€œDAOā€ ā€œsmartā€ contract!) and Monero. I like the concept of MaidSafe so far, but need more information on the blockchain, scaling of the network, future uses, etc., etcā€¦ I will be reading and exploring further! Thanks.

21 Likes

Hi Safenet forum members! I just joined the forum a month ago. I have learned a tremendous amount of information from reading all the posts. This is a very active and generous community. I work for a very large U.S. based pharmacy insurance company in analytical consulting. I am very well versed in databases, SQL, SAS and have programming experience in Visual Basic - along time ago. I have an engineering background, 3 U.S. patents, and a double MBA in Entrepreneurship and Finance. The benefits of the Safenetwork are exponential to say the least, if they deliver. I plan to be apart of this for some time. Thanks to all the folks that have answered so many of my questions!

@Sparky the safenetwork is not based on blockchain tech, scaling is unlimited based on how many people are on the network ā€¦ I learned a little bit so far :slight_smile:

22 Likes

My name is VĆ­ctor and I have been following and actively involved with some cryptocurrencies since 2013.

I first got attracted to MaidSafe on 2016 but unfortunately, an illness of my late mother kept me out of getting involved with it.

I would like to follow the progress of MaidSafe and would like to help the project, maybe by testing software and apps, since I donā€™t have much technical knowledge. Also, I could probably help with translations to Papiamentu and Spanish as well.

24 Likes

Hi All, My name is Shakir and I am a newbie in Crypto world. My first purchase of bitcoin was just 4 days back and within a week of 12 hours reading / watching per day, I have landed to MaidSafe forums with the belief that this could be the next big thing after BTC in crypto.

I would like to help the project however I can (non-Tech though) and may be able to help out with translations in Urdu (widely spoken in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh etc).

27 Likes

Hi my name is Opiboble (IRL: Matt), and I am a network engineer / server manager by trade. I was pointed to Maidsafe by a colleague during a recent network change over project. I am interested to test performance and the like with this network, and have a few dozen TB of storage to toss towards it to help this project grow. I am really interested in how Maidsafe handles replication of data across the network and redundancy to ensure it remains viable.

23 Likes

:bowing_man:
Namaste,

My name is Prakash, DevOps engineer by trade and Blockchain enthusiast. I came to know about MaidSafe while researching crypto currency. I was amazed by what itā€™s trying to achieve and what it means to have a fully decentralized and secure internet.

I know the technology behind Maidsafe and Blockchain are different in many ways with few similarities.
In near future I see them disrupting global finance and internet infrastructure as we know it.

I have been lurking in this forum for about a year now but never registered. since, there is so much progress going on right now I didnā€™t want to miss out on getting my hands dirty with safe network and write some application on top of it so I finally gave in.

ps. I need invitation code to create an ID before I can do anything on testnet right now. I also own few MaidSafeCoin.
:smile:

Welcome to the future.
:boom:

20 Likes

Hi Guys,
I am Anuj ,Written my 1st program in 2000 never stopped since then, 11 years as a professional in computing & Technologies. I have worked on different technology. What amazes me about maid is its vast nature. Thanks and best of Luck

26 Likes

Hi People
Iā€™m Lee from Wales UK, a mental heath support worker by day.
Iā€™m relatively new to MaidSafe but Iā€™ve done my research and Iā€™m excited by the project.
Iā€™ve got a lot to learn, but Iā€™m looking forward to learning and becoming involved with the release of Alpha release 2.
Best wishes

23 Likes

Small world, just came to do an introduction myself, and assuming your location from your username, Iā€™m only about 20odd miles from you!

You didnā€™t say what you did by night? :wink:

Anyway, Iā€™m Ken from near Chester in the UK, Have been slowly learning about MAID for a few months now, watched quite a few videos and read a lot of information and ā€˜thinkā€™ Iā€™ve got my head around it.

Have always had an interest in computers but work on the mechanical side of engineering so have very limited relevant knowledge, but I suppose I dress relatively smartly and donā€™t consider Cheerios an acceptable evening meal, so swings and roundaboutsā€¦

Take it easy!

20 Likes

Hi,

First post but quite a long time ā€œlurkerā€ here. English is not my first language so this intro will be short :wink:
So I heard about Safenet last spring. Like you, I see a lot of potential in this project and the very need of this kind, regarding the way Internet is evolving. The path to the final release is long, but Iā€™m quite confident, it worth the wait !
See you on safe:// !

Aragorn

21 Likes