Introduce yourself

Hi all what’s up ! New here to the sAfenet and excited to get started !

18 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Johannes and I found this project just today and am very excited about this. I’ve been researching blockchain technologies lately (mostly Ethereum) and learning about Dapps. I’m a software development student and looking for technologies to use in my upcoming semester project. Looking at traditional blockchain tech and trying out Dapps with Ethereum, I realized the many downsides. Then I found this :slight_smile:
So I’m very excited to try it out!
Have a nice day everyone.

28 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Upcoming semester project

I’m Stoyan from Bulgaria. I found an advertising leaflet about Safe network and here I am. I will be reading about this project and soon I hope I will know more about it. I would like to test the network, make a website or two if this makes sense :slight_smile: and if my knowledge is enough. If not, well I can start learning what ever is needed form ground zero.

34 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Boots on the Ground - Alpha 2 campaign

A post was merged into an existing topic: Boots on the Ground - Alpha 2 campaign

My name is Nicholas Amos. I just learned about this project by listening to tomorrow’s episode of the Future Tense podcast, and I’m very interested in what’s being done here. I’ve been interested in computers since I was a child, especially since I spent the first ~10yrs of my life without touching one, so I can appreciate the value they add to society. I can also appreciate what they’ve taken away: Certain degrees of individual peace and privacy. But, that’s only a fault with their current implementation, which is why we’re here. I’ll enjoy watching how this unfolds.

25 Likes

Hi my name is Ray and I have always been interested in computing. Over the last couple of years my computing interest is in the balance between convenience of a product and it’s privacy. I also am interested in products that are completely offset environmentally and any environment restoration projects. My work is in corporate IT and a charity that help build schools around the world because education is the key to many social improvements. I hope to learn more about this system and what it can offer consumers of the internet.

24 Likes

By the way I am a freelancer from USA. I have a daughter and big Labrador.

16 Likes

Hello, anyone! I am Alan Shelton. I am a sailor and military from Germany. I became interested in bitcoin only two weeks ago. I was very busy and stupid until this time. And now I don’t know if it makes sense to invest in bitcoin?

19 Likes

Hello, it has been interesting reading the other introductions here. I program in javascript, python, html, css, c# etc. Currently I am working on a web based graphic app using svg and canvas. I am interested in concurrency and have dabbled with trading and using APIs to bring together exchange/currency data to keep track of investments. I live off-grid in the Australian outback with my dog usually sleeping on my feet while I code, waiting for me to get up and explore, chop wood or check the fences that keep the kangaroos out of our vegetable garden. I find the idea of a decentralized internet fascinating and am looking forward to learning more and building apps that run on the safe network.

36 Likes

I’m Luke Van Der Weiden, i work in IT as a network/server tech, but i’m more a sales person than anything else these days. I’m self-taught with no official qualifications, but don’t tell anyone.

I came her looking for alternatives for Burst mining. I’m always keen to try new ideas, and I’m testing Storj as well - whichever one works best for me and my setup is yet to be seen…

29 Likes

My name is Frédéric Darnel, teacher in Desktop Publishing, Prepress and Printing, Graphic and Web Design, in Colombes, France, near Paris.
My particular interests are digital-learning and the way new decentralized Internet technologies, like blockchains or SAFE, could be used in this domain.

Greetings.

26 Likes

Hello. My name is Christina Bottego. I am based in Brooklyn, NY. I run a small web-based record shop which publishes a zine (or attempts to publish a zine) that in part explores things web 3.0, especially decentralized tech as I believe it will have a tremendous impact on culture, politics, economics, etc in the years to come. I’m enthusiastic about bolstering any decentralized tech, and can’t wait to dig in on safenetwork. Thanks all!

30 Likes

HI
I’m Hamish. I’m a pharmacist in AUS/NZ, and I’m interested in using the SAFE network to store decentralized/secure data for smart contracts.

28 Likes

G’day I’m Rob aka BangDroid. I’m part artist, musician, underachieving content creator. I have a passion more recently for helping elderly and less tech savvy humans navigate this increasingly technological world. Not enough is being done to protect the digital lives of people in general, let alone less tech savvy people. With Governments forcing citizens onto digital platforms for government services, this has created an enormous threat landscape. Governments place the onus on the individual and take no responsibility when things go wrong. Things need to get better. And with the rapid shift of warfare into the cyber domain, humanity needs to work together now more than ever if we want to maintain our global communications.

27 Likes

Hi! Mostly a layperson (although studied just about everything in college including computer science) testing out all the new crypto stuff. I just download things and press buttons and sometimes feel like i break things but I have learned quite a lot that way and have found which projects and ideas I want to support most. I consider myself a useful idiot. I have so much knowledge stuffed away in my brain that its mostly hard to talk so I just listen and like to be around people. But if somebody comes between me and my plants or loved ones I can get a tittle bit angry, other than that I’m so nice I give people diabetus. Maybe a bit paradoxical at times :rofl: glad to be here and really excited about new better internet and giving the power back to the people where everyone has the same chance. freeeeeeeedom :cowboy_hat_face:

31 Likes

Hi. I’m new to the internet. My name is Chris and I don’t exist. At least in a legal sense. Recently (within the last year) I have started to make a tiny tiny internet presence by getting a gmail account and using social medias (got rid of these because they just seem so stupid to me). Anyway what you don’t know it that I am thirty three (plus or minus five years for anonymity). Anyway, before this, there was nothing. Not a blip. Not even a myspace. I also haven’t updated any ID since I was eleven. I know that probably sounds crazy but I never had the need to. My parents never did and when I moved on I didn’t either. I’ve done a census because I’ve never been sent one. I just wander around the east coast. Mainly California. I have no photo or fingerprints recorded anywhere in the world (at least attached to me) and I look much more different now and well, it’s cool to think about in my opinion. I don’t exist and yet, I do. I guess I would appreciate any help you guys can give me on this whole internet thing. I’m good backend, as in I’m fine with TOXing and IRC and Freenet. I’ve made websites, a virus or two, even my own operating system (for me only). I know all the languages, C#, Swift, Java, Python. I even know whitespace. When I say I’m new to the internet, I mean the front end. The communicating with actual people who don’t just transfer files from Git to Git. I don’t know how to act or talk to others. I don’t know colloquia’s like WYSIWYG (I understand this one now thanks to urban dictionary), but I want to… you know… be normal. Online.

Anyway that half an introduction and half a request. Reply’s are welcome. I would really appreciate the help. Thanks.

24 Likes

Howdy all,
My name is Brian and I’m a member of AA, I have no mental defense against the first drink, but I have internalized step 2 and consumated it with step 3. Lack of power is my dilemma but I have now found a power greater than myself!
I make a decent living as an RSA (retail sales associate) and currently reside in the USA. I have a wonderful wife and three amazing kids (11,13 & 17). We live in a 4 bedroom home and
have lots of pets.
I enjoy golf, investing, NFL football and Netflix/Prime. I would love to get a computer and join the SAFE network as user and farmer.
After several months of recovery I reactivated into “living” again and wanted to get back into fantasy football but soon found out the state I live in banned it. This lead me on search for workarounds like a VPN, while searching I found an online gambling site and low and behold my state is just fine with that! The site gave incentives to users that deposited funds with crypto currency, so I looked into that and discovered the FUTURE. Blockchain, decentralized apps, SAFEnet etc.
I can’t wait to learn more and become involved with the upcoming truly real internet that will be put in the hands of the masses.
Thanks for reading my intro…:money_mouth_face:

26 Likes

Hi my name is Phin. I’ve been invested in maidsafe for sometime and looking forward to its release. Im excited for the project but also looking forward to making a profit so i can start a business venture here in NZ developing property with an incentive on shared assets and community living. I work as a Civil Engineer and know very little about computer programming except for matlab, but the safe project aligns with my world views and I’m looking forward to its release and world impact.

27 Likes