Introduce yourself

Hey, I’m iivii.
I found safe while winding my way through the Rotonde using the Beaker Browser.
I’m very interested in alternative protocols such as dat:// and now that I’ve found it, safe://.

I have most of my background in game development, and am fluent in 3 languages: GML, Lua, and Python. I’m constantly seeking to learn more languages, and have amassed gigabytes of storage with documentation on literally all I come across. I will never learn it all, but it feels good to preserve things like that for some reason.

I’m currently learning the basics of web development, something most people already know. My websites are 2dgame.dev and pixelpioneers.org , both of which are both embarrassing and under construction. There’s just too much to do!

28 Likes

Hello,Myself Avirup Chakraborty.I am a Javascript developer.I have been working on this industry for last 2 years.I am currently introduced Block chain, and My interest has grown day by day.I think Safe Network is the good place for me to learn more about Block Chain.So I am here for Learning about Block chain. Thank you.

23 Likes

Just an IT guy. Found this concept by researching distributed cpu, storage, bandwidth and crypto.

29 Likes

Hi,
My name is Chris Rydings and i work as a CTO for a global company based out of Scotland, UK. I have always been interested in computing, be it Programming or Infrastructre, since i was very young and have had the pleasure to live and work with some of the best around the world throughout my career. Started out as an engineer working alongside some of the “big players” and really grew my curiosty and career from there.
I came across SAFE through word of mouth via a friend. Since then i have been reading and following the design and principles around the projects listed and watching as they interconnect and grow.

30 Likes

Hi! Im Tom Aszjan.
Im interested in SAFE Network as a web developer.

I hope I will learn fast how to use it.

30 Likes

Hello!

I am beginning to learn web development with my partner. We would both like to learn how to develop our websites on MaidSafe (which has to do with an app sharing about moving away from speaking in a way which is bureaucratic and voiding ourselves of responsibility to complete responsibility for our words, intentions and actions - love as a language of life).

I am interested in growing the consciousness on this earth through love, awareness and pure intention. Decentralized internet and cryptocurrency are paramount in moving away from power being in the hands of a few to everyone having a voice to build a more sustainable, more supportive earth. We have enough resources already to take care of everyone. I am excited to explore MaidSafe further and would love to chat with anyone who values yoga (union) and whom shares the same sentiments.

39 Likes

Salam , Hi my name is Shafiq Muhammad, and I always ready to LEARN MORE , I guess universe is very complex and full of GREAT PEOPLES, other hand have little knowledge about these, I am very found for acquire new knowledge and ideas about technology, and their effect on philosophy of life, I work in field of mathematics physics and computer, and teaching these to other, it is astonishment for me there is no single phenomenon in universe where these subject are not applied, simply I conclude learning is process to knowing world to make better place to live
i am interested work with SAFE Network, I see SAFE Network work become great job for humanity in near future

31 Likes

Kris here and I’m looking fora greener solution to BitCoin. Hope to find it here.
I’m from Europe, but living in the US for a couple of years now. I’ve some development and architecture experience across the Microsoft stack.

31 Likes

Hello my name is Rémy.

With the recent stories I have become quite concerned with privacy and discovered the Safenetwork project.

I find it very interesting and would like to learn more about it, and help where I can.

31 Likes

Hey people! My name is Lorenzo, I’m a computer science university student about to graduate and I’m passionate about cryptocurrencies. I treid almost anything, PoW, PoS, PoC… and then I found you guys via steemit. I really like your proof of resource concept, because I find the standard PoC either risky, centralized or overall buggy. I wish to start contributing soon to the network by farming, in the meantime, see you around the forum!

33 Likes

Hey people!

my info:
I am Christos Tsekouras and I am half Greek half Polish born in Greece and living there with some summer vacations to Poland to visit relatives and escape heat of Greek summer!

my interests:

1. all technology from very young age:

• I would fix flashlights
    • make and fix hobby cars, boats, airplanes - gas powered or electric
    • use all kinds of tools for every fix I could get my hands on
  2. arts:

• music:
      • mainly piano
      • but also greek torlek (toubeleki) - en wiki page for greek torlek (link-enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/Toubeleki) - (gr wiki page - toubeleki) (link-elDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/%CE%A4%CE%BF%CF%85%CE%BC%CF%80%CE%B5%CE%BB%CE%AD%CE%BA%CE%B9) ,
      • as well as self taught guitar (online sources) and scratched a violin bought for 25€ from a peddler (a street seller at traffic light intersections).
    • paint: in my high school had a lesson about painting, we did pencil drawing of real model items and I made my arts teacher comment really positivly for my work.
    • dance
  3. theoretical:

• physics
    • math - where I went to a math competition in high-school and passed the first phase!
    • philosophy
      • read the great book by (Alice Miller)(link-enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/Alice_Miller_(psychologist)) - Prisoners of Childhood (1981) [ISBN - (0-465-06287-3) - (link-enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/Special:BookSources/0-465-06287-3), which is The Drama of the Gifted Child under a new title
      • going to a philosophy-theology-psychology open lessons in (New Acropolis)(link-enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/wiki/New_Acropolis) an international organization with a goal to provide cheap to free knowledge about the psychological-theological truths of the world organizing lessons and events to open peoples minds with what phylosophers and poets have said and done in their lives!!!
    • psychology
    • biology
  4. hobbies:
    4.1. from dance

• just dancing young to all music with my cousin being close in age making people happy in events!
    • later as a young adult learning - in universities - and dancing latin dances and argentine tango
    • and continuing to specialize by self learning argentine tango which end up:
      • organizing free lessons and events
      • where I applied my psychology/philosophy findings
      • which lead to creating a method of learning argentine tango
        1. where a male student can dance anywhere with any dama and enjoy the argentine tango dance in just 2 weeks to 1 month
        2. and female a dancer student do the same in 3-4months! (thats because a male dancer has just to learn the basics to lead and he can dance with any moves he knows, but a dama has to learn how to follow many different kavaliero’s and their advanced moves! - although thats needed because argentine kavaliero’s dont know what argentine actually is - which is leading any dama even if a dama has never danced argentine tango, or any dance)

4.2. to athletics:

• from walking distances to skateboarding, bicycling
    • to sports based on playing with balls or similar like Shuttlecock for badminton
      • played somewhat semi-professionally basket in my highschool and local basketball team.
      • tennis
      • ping-pong - where I got bronze medal in high-school
      • badminton
      • volley
    • to extreme sports like:
      • winter ones’: ski, snowboard, ice-skating, snow-slating
      • summer ones’: swimming, windsurfing, beach volley

I want to thank my parents for all this I was able to do, because my ancestors fought in liberating wars, worked hard, believed in good behavior, in family and society!

I wish SAFE Network really do what it is supposed to do so all people in the world have the same freedom to persue multiple interests and not live dark lives, either economical, political, or mind prisons!

p.s. dama is the female dancer and kavaliero is the male dancer

27 Likes

Hey everyone, my name is Brock Wilkie. I recently graduated college and have my first technology job as an IS Analyst. I am learning a lot from groups like this and want to continue to grow. I want the worlds problems fixed so often there is a system in place that prevents that from happening. That is why I try to get involved in groups like this that create a better system that doesn’t hinder individuals. I am sure I won’t be contributing nearly as much as many of you but I will do what little I can!

30 Likes

Hi, My name is Patrick Wilcox. I’m just very interested in learning about everything crypto and seeing how I fit in with everything that is happening. It’s all very exciting to see the great possibilities in decentralized applications from storage to email, finance, and so much more. I’m a professional landscaper and interested in growing healthy sustainable food and teaching people how to balance minerals in the soil. I’m sure somewhere down the road the things I’m interested in will have some blockchain applications. I hope this post is going where it’s supposed to. I’m new to alot but I do think I have a keen mind.

22 Likes

Hi I’m new and I want to mine. I believe in Cryptocurrencies and I want to participate in the network.

19 Likes

Hi,everyone~My name is Fatboy and i come from china.I’m so interest in safe network and i can’t wait to use it.

26 Likes

Greetings from the south seas!

Journalist by trade, troublemaker by nature. Wannabe developer, but lack the patience, let alone the intelligence.

Living on remote islands for around three decades has made me a fan of simple, easy and preferably free low-tech approaches to bridging digital divides. I would love to work with people who can turn simple text messages into web pages as a way of connecting rural sellers e.g. farmers with urban buyers, such as hotels.

Similarly, people that can create value for the unbanked via online financial services. Only when people have the financial means can they then participate more fully in democratic debate, such as responding to news.

Doing so securely is one of the main reasons for my interest in services like SafeNet. I am especially interested in services that promise returns to users, rather than costing them money they don’t really have.

Great looking community here, and enjoying the set up - thanks!

31 Likes

Hi, my name is John and I’ve been following the project for a couple of years now. I’m an engineer and grew up with computers so have some understanding of what the team is trying to accomplish (sadly very limited programming skills). Decided to pass on BTC back in 2010 when it was $7 a coin (oops!). Learned a lot since then about what drives crypto…

I still stand by my first thoughts of BTC as being an un-backed currency that does next to nothing at great energy expense, though. I think a lot of the the hype was/is around the potential of the technology more than the reality, and the fact that there still aren’t any great alternatives as a currency. Which got me here. SAFE to me is everything BTC is not plus so much more. I am truly excited both about the investment opportunity and the technology itself and how it will enable more security, freedom, and ability to share ideas. I think there is a perfect storm here of big tech censorship, government word policing, excessive banking regulation, and the need for a crypto that doesn’t have the overhead of blockchain. The SAFE network fits right into this as a novel solution at the right time. And the idea of replacing server farms with each user’s own spare capacity in the form of vaults/nodes is just genius. And it is that infrastructure (plus maybe the data stored on the network) that is the intrinsic backing behind the SAFE coin.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts that got me here…

37 Likes

My name is Pekka Nikander and I’m a researcher, developer and serial entrepreneur in my 50s. I’ve been to the Internet longer than Google, and therefore Google knows about me much more than I would like. (I have one namesake; he is a bird photographer.) I first started to use the Internet back in 1987, when it arrived to Finland.

Having the privilege of enjoying academic freedom, together with my research group we are studying how to enable anti-rival compensation and anti-rival governance models. I presume that may be of some interest also to this community.

31 Likes

My name is Ryan, I’ve actually been following since 2016 just never made an account. I love this entire idea and where we are headed. Keep on!

25 Likes

Hello from a fellow C# programmer who has also done a fair amount of Python and a few Rust projects, and javascript, oh the javascript, is now a lot of my work it seems, using Vue.js when I can.

Furthermore, I have long tinkered around with gaming in various engines and languages, my main computing hobby. One of the most memerable was an open-source group project to implement a Shadowrun based game in the Unreal engine. I was the main Unrealscript dev and we implemented the turn based rules over real time in I think a cool way. The prototypes were pretty fun but, we had an issue with Microsoft’s gaming license on Shadowrun games at the time, and just keeping the open-source volunteer staff needed.
Recently I’ve worked on one graphical math project in Rust with Piston engine and a platformer game using Godot engine, which is scripted in a python-like language along with a GUI scene editor. It’s pretty enjoyable to use and seems powerful enough.

26 Likes