Introduce yourself

Hi,

I’m a physician from Europe.

I just learned about maidsafe and the idea behind it blew me away. Hope everything goes as planed, this project can really change the future for the better

G

22 Likes

Hi my name’s Cai and I’m a computer enthusiast and also fed up about the government tracking and taking over everything. I am also an investor and web designer. I recently invested in Safecoin and I believe it has huge potential. I really want to join this community and make my own project over the safe network! I think this can be the next internet if can be executed properly which I trust the people behind this project and deliver us the greatest idea of all time. I cannot wait to share the value and help you guys be the big dogs of the new internet someday!

24 Likes

Hi,

Learned about Bitcoins back in 2013, tried mining it, but didn’t really take it seriously. Didn’t really understand the technology behind it—blockchain.

Recently, I watched a Bitcoin documentary and that piqued my interest in cryptocurrency again. The price of Bitcoin is too much for me at the moment, I read more and found Maidsafe. Initially, it was all about making money. Then I read more about the technology behind the SAFE network and that got me really interested in seeing this “Internet 2.0” get up and running.

I believe in privacy, that’s why I really wish to see SAFE network succeed. As of now, I’m invested in Maidsafe coins, an amount that I can write off without losing sleep over. Even if it doesn’t make me profit, I still wish this SAFE network a success.

21 Likes

Hey guys, my name is Louis and I am a pseudo-full-stack who works largely on the infrastructure side of things, but I enjoy sucking across the stack, my limits know no bounds. I kid, I kid. I’m primarily the annoying voice in the office that says “You know, we could automate that.”, I enjoy my role. I am a bootcamp graduate, where I did web facing stuff in Rails, Node, Ruby and your basic HTML/CSS type stuff. These days I work with Python, Ansible, AWS, Postgres and a tiny bit of Angular. In a past life I dropped out of Uni 3 times, before teaching myself basic web stuff and going to the bootcamp.

Honestly, I’ve been looking to participate in open source since starting my boot camp, but I’ve been searching for the right type of project to sink my teeth into and really get a good understanding of. I feel that this could be the thing for me, I enjoy the infrastructure side of things, but I can get antsy if I’m too taken away from development, same applies backwards too.

I think I have a soft spot for this one because it feels like it could be returning some semblance of privacy back to the web, if I could use an internet without monetised ads grappling for my attention and generally ruining my day, I’d be a happy man.

tl;dr
Nice to meet you all.

29 Likes

I’m Jeremy Scott AKA TriphiusFire. My hobby is designing trading robots, used to be for FOREX, now for crypto. Been a theater major, ballroom dance instructor, musician, and now computer scientist. Let me know if you are interested in auto-trading cryptocurrencies on cryptopia or bittrex! I’m interested in MaidSafe, bought a few coins. Really want to try the browser, but my trust level is not 1, how do you get a trust level increase?

25 Likes

My name is Tim and I am an eDiscovery consultant in northern California. While I primarily work with computers I have found my knowledge is severely limited compared to what I’ve seen here so far. I am very interested in the SAFE Network and its possibilities. While my coding contributions are likely limited compared to other I think I can help by bridging the gap between the developers and average user who will be on the SAFE network. I look forward to learning more and helping any way I can!!

25 Likes

Hi, my name is Francois, I’m a web developer from France.
I heard about the safe network reading an article about crypto currencies. I must say I was very impressed but skeptical when I first read few days ago that there were actually people working on such a project. A decentralized internet? really? But the more I read about the safe network, the more I am actually excited.
A decentralized internet would be a great start to end many problems in this world, and it’s about time for things to change. It would be a new heaven for potential whistleblowers who are actually under a lot of pressure right now. I really want to get involved and become a node. I feel like this is the most important thing that needs to happen right now.
I wish you all the best, you are the best of mankind.

27 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Español (Spanish): Bienvenido al Foro SAFE

My name is Mark and I’m a linux administrator for several year. I’m not a crypto currency expert, still learing since litecoin appearing, ut in this case this project is very interesting to me because of the concept of bringing internet freedom back.

Nice to meet you!

24 Likes

My name is Emanuele and I discovered crypto currencies only in the early 2017. I have been trying to get info and understand how and why to invest into MaidSafe.

I don’t know anything about brokerage, finance and the likes. I even have difficulties installing the necessary tools and I’m still trying to figure out how to invest money into this project and protect my investment.

Hopefully someone will be so kind to point me what to download and install and how to become a part of the crew. I actually believe in this project more than on others despite many crypto currencies have had a faster increase in value.

That being said Hello

20 Likes

I’m Robb Sands, an American in Scotland, so pardon my occasional lack of “u’s” in spelling, and redneck twang in pronounciations :slight_smile:

My background is an odd mix of technical and marketing. I’ve managed software teams in American, telecom engineers in Britain, done quality assurance, implementation, business analysis, product management - all in the Microsoft world.

Realising marketing was intuitive, and necessary, I’ve spent a number of years managing marketing teams, running my own digital agency and am never really sure which is more interesting, marketing or development. It’s all a reason to wake up in the morning!

I’m a member of various IETF groups, have donated years of my life to charities and enjoy work most when there’s a cause that needs my participation, and that of others too.

I’ve been fascinated by cybercurrency, mined bitcoin and a few variations, just to see how it all worked. Bought a few, made a couple of quid and should have bought more.

For me, MaidSAFE, the project, the network, apps, currency, despite me not knowing all the ins and outs, has my attention. It strikes me as one of those really massive fireworks displays that you’re just about to light. It’s not exploding everywhere yet, but it just gives that hair standing up on the back of your neck feeling, in anticipation.

I’d love to see how far the boundaries can be pushed, figure out how I can make a bit of money in the process, and end up feeling satisfied that I’ve been a part of the effort.

This seems like a great project, a cool group of people involved and active, and I’m looking forward to contributing wherever I can…

26 Likes

Hello, my name is Manuel Vargas. I’m noob programmer and I think this is an exciting project that I will follow and in invest in. I’m new in crypto world too, but I’m learning with you. Thank you all.

18 Likes

I’m Bryan from Austin, TX. Recently became interested in cryptocurrencies, block chain technologies, and decentralized data. Looking forward to seeing MaidSafe develop and innovate!

Edit: Really impressed with the forum layout and functionality. Keep up the great work! :taco:

20 Likes

Flokii From Australia.

I am currently studying cryptography and computer science.
Super excited about the way a portion of the world is moving to a decentralised system.

21 Likes

Всем привет, меня зовут Артем, я из России. Новые технологии как Биткоин пользуются успехом,но к сожалению этот поезд уже ушел, maidsafe будет революционным изобретеннием, в котором я хочу помоч чем смогу

MOD EDIT (google translate)

Hello everyone, my name is Artem, I’m from Russia. New
technologies like Bitcoin are a success, but unfortunately this train
has already left, maidsafe will be a revolutionary invention, in which I
want to help than I can

23 Likes

Hi, I’m Dan from Little Rock, AR. I call myself a computer enthusiast because I’ve been dabbling on PCs since they came out. Unfortunately I’m also ADHD so while I enjoy trying anything and everything computer related I rarely master anything. I ran across MaidSafe while updating my knowledge of cryptocurrencies. The technology has the potential to be the future of the internet.
I look forward to watching it develop and hope my lack of technical savvy will make me a valuable product tester as the average end user.

23 Likes

Hi. I’m from Malaysia. Been following this project for a little more than a year now. Been delaying my intro in this thread but hey, better late than never right?

24 Likes

Hi, I am Harvindar from Malaysia. Have been following Maidsafe since July last year. It is exciting to see the developments and am looking forward to it go live. It has the potential to reset the internet as we know. What it will offer is needed. Happy to know about the project.

27 Likes

Hi, I’m from South Africa. I have a small MSP company. I came across Maidsafe when researching Cryptocurrencies. I’m super excited to see where this project goes.

Nice to meet you all

28 Likes

Hello, I have been following the forum for a couple of years and just joined it last week. Impatient to see the final result of this amazing project.

21 Likes