Interview with David Irvine Re Restructuring

Dear all, here is a video chat I had with David on Thrusday last week about the state of the company and development for our meetup in the south of the UK. Apologies for the audio quality - David I think you need a new head set!

Thankyou David for your time on the day.

21 Likes

Excuse me, say it again? :grin:

3 Likes

Yea that sounds horrendous, did it sound like that on the night? I thought people could hear ok.

4 Likes

I didnā€™t understand a word :frowning:

4 Likes

self encryption in action, we have launched :smiley: :smiley:

19 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s definitely some industrial grade obfuscation youā€™re using there ā€¦ :wink:

5 Likes

At least the video worked and yes, I am that exhausted :smiley:

4 Likes

Sad about the sound. On the positive side, scottish accent together with bad headsets seems like it could be a new patent for self-encryption. :slightly_smiling_face: (Sorry, did just see I was second on the ball) Is there any way to fix the sound? David you probably need a new headset.

2 Likes

It works well in our hangouts and my presentations I do. Always looking for a decent headset with mic you can easily mute and obviously so, like a boom you put up and it mutes. So important I reckon.

1 Like

Iā€™m doing my best to transcribe it. Hopefully ready in next couple of days. Will make it a shared doc so hopefully @dirvine will be able to fill in some of the blanks.

21 Likes

I never know what I will say or remember what I did. I prefer things that way :smiley: I will try though

11 Likes

A general feeling I get is that there should be more regular sound checks. Most interviews are good sounding but it seems like a little too high frequency of occurring interviews with less good sound.

Maybe something that can be improved on in the future.

3 Likes

Well, transcribing a West Coast Scottish accent through a sea of white noise is not the easist of tasks for a Sassanach but I think itā€™s there or thereabouts. Donā€™t take it as gospel though, as some parts are my interpretation. Where I gave up the text is marked ā€˜unclearā€™ (probably the fourth most used word after ā€˜andā€™, ā€˜theā€™ and ā€˜whatnotā€™ :slightly_smiling_face: ).

41 Likes

Well done @JPL I could not have done that and I was there :smiley:

14 Likes

At the [unclear] part at 11.24: ā€œWe are very focused on something people can click [something something].ā€ (And now I am beyond tired more than the beyond tired I already was.) But uh yeah this is a nice general summary/transcript to follow along with when more awake.

7 Likes

thanks for taking the time+effort to transcribe.

12 Likes

@JPL you deserve massive :clap: for that. Itā€™s like you created s new SAFE Primer with one hand tied behind your back, wearing a blindfold. I tip my hat :tophat:

10 Likes

I second that. Itā€™s like ā€œInterview with David Irvine on Re Restructuring ā€“ Restructuredā€

3 Likes

EDITED ā€“
Iā€™ve listened to this twice all the way through and then again in fits and starts - I can improve on a few bits but not much. @JPL did a fantastic job to produce that transcript. Iā€™ll start typing the wee extra bits I caught after I get the last pint down the pub.
I will dig in later tonight in an effort to help those who are bereft of a guid Scots tongue in therr heids. ā€“ errr, errr those who are bereft of high class signal processing to clean this up. Son #2 is a sound engineer and when he comes back in from his club gig or tomorrow morning, I will get him to run this through his fancy kit and see if we can clean it up any more.

Having said that, itā€™s still Time our wannabe cultural hegemonists in the rUK admitted defeat. :grin:

Iā€™m not admitting defeat on this but Iā€™m no declaring victory for a few more hours yetā€¦

7 Likes

Very long tripā€¦ almost 20 years or more ā€¦

Cheer up :slight_smile:

2 Likes