Instead of default free space, we should be encouraging charity, etc

From what I understood, the plan we are discussing separates the 2 functions: GET and PUT

Create Account (Enables unlimited GET functionality)

• Receive Safecoin from donations, and farming
  • Receive Msg, Email, Etc.
  • Download from SAFE Network
  • Cannot Spam the Network

Activate Account (Enables limited PUT functionality)

• Send Safecoin
  • Send Msg, Email, Etc.
  • Upload to the SAFE Network
  • Can spam the Network but it costs them Safecoin

It’s similar to being a “guest” on a public forum. You can read/download all the posts. But if you want to post or upload content, you have to register and get X amount of post allowance.

In my mind, activating your account is the same as buying a block of storage for PUT requests.

I think most APPS will have PUT requests in their functionality. If the APPS become popular, there is a strong incentive for people to buy more PUT storage beyond activation.

I hope most people become farmers. The more resources they contribute, the more they can use the Network without paying fiat money. Some farmers will sell Safecoin on the exchanges, or spend Safecoin on products/services in the SAFE Network.

So here’s the BIG question. If people can upload their content for free, would they switch over to the SAFE Network where they have to pay to upload? Charity may play a big role in the outcome of this online migration.

I foresee 2 situations.

1. A new user creates an account, starts farming. But he/she has to wait 24hrs or more… before they earn enough Safecoin to buy their first block of storage. They may get frustrated and lose interest if there aren’t enough APPS to make it worth the effort.

2. A new user gets a friend invite with “gift code.” He/she creates an account, redeems the gift code and BAM! :fireworks: They are accessing the Network full speed.

Early adopters will likely be #1 with mass migration being #2. APPS are a key ingredient.

8 Likes