Increasing the total supply of SafeCoin

yep :dizzy_face:

If David and the team have made some kind of massive blunder in regard to SAFEcoin, I’m sure they would have the integrity to make that known here and seek community feedback.

When asked why 4.3 Billion SafeCoin, David said:

2^32 It was seen as enough never to split it into decimals as fractions are a PITA for people to work with. It can be split but I hope it never is

The above comment does not appear to have been contradicted in the flow of the conversation you linked to in the OP:

@Seneca said:

The value is already nearing $0.06, and we’re not even in BETA yet. At launch it might very well be $0.20 or higher. I think users should be able to send SafeCoin to others with a higher precision than that.

@happybeing said

Good point! The same goes for micropayments.

So does this make subdividing Safecoin necessary or do you have a clever workaround for this @dirvine?

@dirvine said:

No need to subdivide safecoin for this purpose (thank God, we are beyond busy ) If your account is charged then it is charged up and the account managers can handle the amount of space and safecoin easily. So they will work on subdivisions but not charge these, only full coins.